CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Accounting Assistant
Monday – Friday (8:00 – 4:30)
LOCATION: Early Childhood Services – St. Ignatius, MT
SALARY: $12.78 to $14.84 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 24, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary.
· Daily prepares and processes purchase requisitions and purchase orders, sales orders, vouchers, invoices, etc. and ensures proper account billing. Maintains accurate computerized bookkeeping entries in the ECS encumbered computer program.
- Does data entry for and tracks the monthly operating costs of such items as telephone, GSA, fuel, internet, mail, copiers, etc. to ensure all monthly payments are accounted for.
- Processes in an efficient, accurate manner and accounts for monthly purchase orders. Disburses funds for payment upon receipt of invoices. Monitors appropriateness of all processed payments/disbursements.
- Tracks paid, cancelled, or duplicated purchase orders taking appropriate follow-up action as necessary. Takes corrective action to expedite late, incomplete or defective deliveries.
- Maintains up-to-date files of all purchase orders.
- Procurement specialist (ordering): is well-versed and conversant in use of CSKT Procurement
Manual. Follows written procedures for the procurement of goods and services including
obtaining pre-approval from the ECS Director. Maintains appropriate records of items
- Purchases items needed to replenish bulk items inventory.
- Coordinates all ordering, receiving, and distributing of materials, supplies, and equipment for Early Childhood Services. Reviews requisitions for accuracy, completeness, and account codes.
- Completes the bid process for purchases when required by CSKT procurement procedures.
- Updates vendors’ W-9 information annually.
- Trains ECS employees in proper procurement procedures.
- In absence of the ECS Fiscal Manager, is back-up for ECS Center Parents Account management.
- In absence of the ECS Fiscal Manager, receipts cash as necessary.
- Under the support and guidance of the AA/Personnel Manager, administers the ECS CACFP program. Develops and maintains CACFP documentation. Prepares claims for USDA/CACFP reimbursement and maintains documentation. Receives, reviews, and files appropriate monthly documents and records from center cooks. In conjunction with the Health Services Coordinator and the AA/Personnel Manager, ensures ECS staff (including cooks) are trained in required Civil Rights and CACFP information. Receives Food Services of America (FSA) orders from cooks every 2 weeks. Reviews and updates the ECS Director regarding the food orders. Places orders upon approval of the Director.
- Maintains online profile with FSA for obtaining invoices of purchase orders checking that each drop location is meeting the minimum order requirement of the Montana Cooperative.
- Arranges and tracks in a timely manner travel authorization, reservations, and registrations for staff attending trainings and conferences. Ensures all required paperwork and reimbursements have been taken care of within deadlines established by Tribal travel policy. Prepares reconciliation report upon traveler’s return.
- In absence of the AA/Personnel Manager, assists with staff recruitment, hiring and orientation processes. May assist with interview panels. May assist with orientation and new hire processes. Will train new employees in proper procurement procedures, travel procedures, and other related areas.
- In absence of the AA/Personnel Manager, assists with payroll, timesheets, PTO accrual, leave slips, and updating records of leave accrual/balances as needed. May assist with review and follow up on required Criminal Records Check and drug screenings.
- In absence of the AA/Personnel Manager, provides back-up regarding ECS contracts.
- Assists with telephone coverage as needed. Back-up for Receptionist as needed.
- The incumbent is a mandatory reporter of observed or suspected child abuse and neglect. Must properly report and document any incidents.
- Travel throughout the reservation and to state and out-of-state locations for training and meeting purposes is a requirement of this position.
- Attends mandated trainings and meetings, and seeks out professional development opportunities for self.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience in accounts receivable and payable.
- Three (3) years of clerical support experience in an office environment.
- One (1) year of demonstrated computer skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, internet, and databases.
- Employment preference given to current or former Head Start/Early Head Start parents. Must provide documentation.
- Possess current CPR and First Aid certification with Infant/Child endorsement or be willing to obtain upon hire.
- Health Requirements:
- Current Physical Exam or ability to obtain Physical Exam upon hire.
- Current on required immunizations or ability to become current upon hire.
- Verification of recent TB screening or ability to complete required screen.
- Must pass drug test and complete a Criminal Record Check including finger-printing, (no violence against children or individuals, no domestic violence, no sexual abuse or violent acts against children or any person) prior to employment and every 2 years thereafter; subject to random drug testing through the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribe’s Personnel Department.
- Possess and maintain a current Montana Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribes’ fleet policy.
- Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
- Competed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Shanell Teigen, Administrative Assistant @ 406.675.2700, ext. 5506.