|Name||Basic Education Teacher/Math|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Basic Education Teacher/Math
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corp - Ronan, MT
SALARY: $16.98 to $19.74 per hour
(May be employed under a contract)
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Instruct under the curriculum guidelines of Job Corps ensuring that techniques and methods of instruction produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Accountable for all educational data associated with the center, to include: scheduling of meetings with assigned student to meet educational and social needs: in put for pay increases; student’s homes leaves, and progressive performance evaluation input on educational progress.
- Perform the duties as a team member representing the Education Department on the individual student Career Development Team Chairperson to meet requirements of the maximum benefits of the CDSS Program to include: updating the student’s Personal Career Development Plan, student scheduling to meet the 45 day evaluation cycle; assessing the reporting student progress so this information can be documented on the student profile; initiating student career technical training and 10 day schedule changes; determining if student has acquired educational, career technical training, and social criteria for graduation; initiating student into exit readiness for graduation, and document and coordinate Career Transition Services needed by student graduates and former enrollees.
- Responsible for documentation of individual student class records to include: daily class records, milestones completed, transferring of dated documentation to student profile weekly.
- Responsible for accountability: roll taking, student conduct, student participation, reporting of special incidents and equipment.
- Ensure classroom environment for positive learning atmosphere, in regard to cleanliness and orderliness.
- Assist in revisions of educational program when needed.
- Responsible for integration of educational/CTT skills to educational program.
- Work irregular hours when needed.
- Perform all other work related duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a college diploma and possess a current Class 1 or Class 2 Secondary Montana Teacher Certificate. This certification must be maintained.
- This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) and is subject to random drug testing.
- A current secondary education endorsement from other states; that is equivalent to a MT Class 1,2,3; will be considered if it can be converted to a MT Educator License within six months.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL-101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Understanding of curriculum and appropriate instructional methods.
- Must possess educational teaching skill, which includes relationship building, communication, evaluation, documentation, large and small group instruction, and audiovisual operation.
- Must be a team player with the ability to coordinate with other instructors.
- Able to implement teaching methods to produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Must be able to work with socially, economically and “at promise” youth.
- Be able to provide learning activities to capture the interests and enthusiasm of such students.
- Teacher must be actively and personally involved in understanding the academic needs, behavior patterns, emotional responses, and personal problems that distinguishes each student.
1. Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Bigby @ 675-2700, ext. 6334 or John Wheeler, Kicking Horse Job Corps Center Director @ 675-2700, ext. 6301.
|File name||Basic Education Teacher Math -9.1.16.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||09/01/2016 05:09 PM|
|Last modified on||09/01/2016 05:10 PM|