|Name||Basic Education Teacher/Special Education|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Basic Education Teacher/Special Education
(May be employed under contract)
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $16.98 to $19.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
· Instruct under the curriculum guidelines of Job Corps ensuring that techniques and methods of instruction produce maximum efficiency of learning.
· Accountable for all educational data associated with the center, to include: scheduling of meetings with assigned students to meet education and social needs; input for pay increases; student’s home leaves, and progressive performance evaluation input on educations progress.
· Perform the duties as a team member representing the Education Department on the individual student Career Development Team (CDT). Each member must attend CDT meetings every seven weeks in order to meet CDSS Program needs and will compile scores from each of the student’s assigned classes and enter the average score and comments into Center Information System (CIS).
· Responsible for documentation of individual student class records to include: daily class records, milestones completed, transferring of dated documentation to student profile weekly.
· Responsible for accountability: student accountability, student conduct, student participation, and reporting of special incidents.
· Ensure classroom environment for positive learning atmosphere; in regard to cleanliness and orderliness.
· Assist in revisions of educational program when needed.
· Responsible for integration of educational/vocational skills to educational program
· Will do the initial file review for students who have requested “reasonable accommodations”, then create a student folder for Education Director to sign and store.
· Responsible for oversight of online high school diploma program to be created to better help our special needs students.
· Implement “Applied Academics” each and every chance the instructor has the opportunity within the training day. Instructor is responsible for showing the relationship between education and career technical training. Instructor must be able to show “real-world” academic/vocation applications within their subject matter. Instructor will maintain communication with vocational instructors to enhance the curriculum is both areas.
· Will be included in the management of the tutoring program design, implementation and oversight.
· Instruct small sized classes with an emphasis on individual instruction and best practices for students with “reasonable accommodations”, and special needs.
· Responsible for attending CDT meetings on a rotating schedule to oversee effectiveness of reasonable accommodations requested by students within that particular CTT area.
· Assist other academic areas when needed as assigned by the Education Director.
· Perform all other work related duties, as assigned by the Education Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
ü Must possess a BA/BS college diploma and possess a current Class 1 (Professional) or (Class 2 Standard) Secondary (Grades 5-12) Montana Teacher Certificate. A current secondary education endorsement from other states; that is equivalent to a MT Class 1, 2,3 will be considered if it can be converted to a MT Educator License within six months. This certificate must be maintained.
ü This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) in compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
ü Is required to pass a background inspection per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
Request a copy of the position description for full details.
1. Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
3. Copy of Montana Teacher Certification.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Bigby @ 675-2700, ext. 6334 or John Wheeler, KHJC Center Director @ 675-2700, ext. 6301.
|File name||Basic Education Teacher Special Education - 5.25.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||05/30/2017 10:42 AM|
|Last modified on||05/30/2017 10:43 AM|