CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: CTT Instructor/Facilities Maintenance
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $17.48 to $20.24 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, January 3, 2019 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary.
- Responsible for teaching environment to be a positive learning atmosphere. This involves the safety and orderliness of classroom, job site and training area.
- Instruct under the curriculum guidelines of Job Corps ensuring that techniques and methods of instruction produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Assist in revisions of program when necessary, and keep CTT Coordinator and CTT Director posted on progress of training and needed resources.
- Participate on guidance team with duties to include: current training achievement records, career technical training counseling, reporting career technical training progress and assessing individual student needs.
- Perform duties on the Evaluation of Student Progress team to include updating Evaluation of Student Progress, student scheduling to meet the evaluation cycle, assessment and documentation of electronic training achievement records, evaluating career technical training criteria for graduation, securing documentation of training to Director of Career Technical Training for Career Readiness and Career Transitional Services.
- Responsible for student accountability: daily attendance, student conduct, student participation, reporting of special incidents and assigned equipment.
- Maintain Center Information System responsibilities for students assigned, to include: Attendance, Case Notes, Student Conduct and Electronic Training Achievement Record.
- Responsible for student welfare; to include safety procedures, clothing, equipment, and safety training.
- Responsible for contributing vocational information to the integration of educational/CTT program (Applied Academics).
- Responsible for reporting monthly mileage of G.S.A. vehicle mileage and maintenance to Property Manager in a timely matter.
- Contribute to the planning and executing of Career Technical Skills Training Projects.
- Maintain the Job Corps expectations and requirements as outlined in the Job Corps’ Electronic Policy and Requirements (EPHR) Handbook.
- Work irregular hours when required.
- Perform all other work related duties.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have five years’ experience with an understanding of: carpentry, plumbing, electricity, masonry, appliance repair/or be a graduate of a two year vocational/technical maintenance program with three years’ experience in the maintenance areas. Complete all trainings required by the Job Corps program.
- Must possess a Montana Educators License, be certified or accredited in the State of Montana, or accredited by a professional trade organization; and maintain it.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Montana Class D License.
- Must be able to acquire First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Must be able to work with socially, economically disadvantaged youth.
- This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) in compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL-101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Knowledge: Must have knowledge to understand curriculum, appropriate instructional methods and be computer literate.
- Must possess CTT/educational teaching skills which includes: relationship building, communication, evaluation, implementation, documentation, large and small group instruction and audio-visual operation. Must be able to do problem solving and troubleshooting on all equipment assigned.
- Must have computer skills to include Microsoft Applications, as well as web-based programs to include all Job Corps related sites and School Dude.
- Able to implement teaching methods to produce maximum efficiency of learning. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
**Request a copy of the position description for full details**
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Bigby, Kicking Horse Job Corps Center Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 6301.