CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
********V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T********
TITLE: Child & Adolescent Therapist - Contract Position
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Major regular duties of this clinical position are those of providing case management to individuals and families who are experiencing a major health crisis. This position will also be responsible for providing evaluation and counseling, individual, group, family psychotherapy, and crisis intervention.
- Provide in-depth assessment and diagnosis of the full range of emotional and psychiatric disorders utilizing criteria contained in DSM IV-TR and according to established program standards and procedures.
- Provides individual, group, play therapy and family psychotherapy on an ongoing and intensive basis, utilizing a variety of treatment modalities to meet the needs of the population.
- Provides crisis intervention services to clients and agencies with a wide variety of acute mental health problems, including suicide attempts, family conflicts, chemical abuse, death, and trauma resulting from violence.
- Provides mental health services at locations and times appropriate to the specialized needs of the catchment’s area population; i.e., utilizes the home visit as an effective method for responding to the mental health needs of an individual or family and as a method of outreach to the community.
- Provides community education and prevention services, which involves mobilizing community and cultural resources to both treat and prevent a wide variety of disorders/illnesses.
- Maintains all appropriate client records according to established program standards and fulfills PCC reporting requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- Must possess master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work, Guidance and Counseling, or related field.
- Must be currently licensed by the state of Montana as a licensed professional counselor (LPC) or licensed clinical social worker (LCSW).
- Must obtain certification as a “Mental Health Professional”.
- Must pass a background investigation in accordance with Public Law 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of the full position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Certified academic transcripts/training certificates/licensures.
- Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference a copy of DD214 must be submitted with the Tribal application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact – Shonda Bolen @ 406-745-3525 - Ext. 5032