CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: www.csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Clinic Nurse – 1 or more
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test. The successful applicant will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
- Provides nursing services to individuals of all ages, and families, in the outpatient clinic setting.
- Assist the physician and other medical providers as assigned in conduction with outpatient clinics.
- Maintain the highest professional standards with respect for confidentiality, accuracy, and clear verbal & written communication.
- Check patients into the clinic, taking health histories and vital signs.
- Elicit medical information and perform nursing assessments on each patient.
- Triage patients presenting to the clinic as well as patients who telephone.
- Performs the following nursing procedures with certification no older than 2 years old or letter of reference stating competencies in the following areas is required:
*obtain heights, weights, and other body measurements as appropriate and check vital signs.
*obtain blood draws, specimen processing, finger stick for appropriate testing.
*obtain specimens (urine & other various) for cultures and testing, including pregnancy
*prepare specimens for shipment when indicated.
*give injections including child and adult immunizations, allergy immunotherapy, etc.
per medical provider.
*start intravenous lines and medications as ordered by a medical provider.
*clean and dresses wounds.
*assist medical providers with procedures.
*perform EKG’s as ordered by the medical provider.
- Coordinate follow-up visits, referrals, or initiation of care as appropriate.
- Responsible for all coordination of laboratory specimens, maintaining logbook, notifying appropriate providers, and filing in medical charts.
- Call or fax prescriptions to pharmacies as ordered by medical provider.
- Maintains inventory of clinic supplies, placing orders as necessary while staying within budgetary limitations.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment, coordinates maintenance/repair of clinic equipment per quality assurance.
- Follows CLIA guidelines, OSHA standards, HIPAA standards, and any mandated by CSKT/THHS.
- Oversees THHS employee immunization program.
- Works with THHS medical providers to develop, implement and provide on going improvement to policies and procedures leading to medical clinic certification under a national certification organization as defined by CSKT THHS Department.
- Works closely with THHS Diabetes Program Staff & Community Health Teams to coordinate patient care.
- Prepares records and reports as required,
- Participates in Department meetings, committees and trainings as assigned.
- Maintains and actively pursues continued professional education through related appropriate trainings.
- Fulfills training requirements to maintain professional licensure and certification as required by the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Graduate from an accredited ADN, Diploma, or BSN program in Nursing. Skills must be current with documentation of most recent training.
- Current Montana State R.N. license.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- This position is subject to a background check in accordance with Public Law 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Prefer one (1) year experience in a clinic setting.
- Request copy of position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Completed background supplemental questionnaire
- Copy of certified academic transcript/training certifications.
- Copy of Montana state licensure.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Copy of current CPR & First Aid certification.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Shonda Bolen at THHS (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5032