|Name||Community Development Specialist|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Community Development Specialist
LOCATION: Tribal Education Department
SALARY: $16.98 to $19.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, April 13th, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy.
The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Community Development Specialist (CDS) will be responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive community development effort by the Tribal Education Department.
· The CDS will recruit, develop, and support a core of parents active with education in each community. The CDS will collect parent-training needs, student data, and student incentive/award information. The CDS will prepare correspondence; participate in meetings with school personnel, parents, and others.
· The CDS will collect data to monitor funding criteria for Johnson O'Malley (JOM).
· The CDS will monitor school activities for evidence of equal opportunity.
· The CDS will coordinate training for parent groups in the role of the IEC, how to conduct meetings, and specific education-related legislation. They will also advise parent groups in the interpretation of school policy.
· The CDS will be responsible to provide an advocacy role and maintain records as appropriate in parent/school rights. This may include individual education plans (IEP), suspension, and expulsion hearings as well as teacher/student support.
· The CDS will have primary responsibility in Tribal member verification and data entry on the K-12 database.
· The CDS will exercise considerable freedom of control over coordination of activities with IECs in half the reservation schools, divided approximately by north and south locations. As needed, each CDS may provide services in any school by request of the parent or student.
· The CDS will be responsible to determine sequence in planning and organizing activities with schools and parents.
· The CDS meets with the TED staff on a regular basis to discuss program objectives, goals, community plans and progress. TED staff meetings provide an opportunity to coordinate and collaborate in all TED activities.
· The CDS participates in professional development to stay current in the Indian education advocacy field.
· The CDS will be responsible to plan appropriate training schedules for community and parent groups, student groups or requesting school officials.
· The CDS will monitor and supervise progress of IEC in their respective schools and maintain a set of school records to include: minutes, grant applications, student counts, school activities, JOM records and activities.
· The CDS will provide necessary direction to office support staff for the completion of regular Tribal reports.
· Some activities are jointly performed in the office, such as record keeping and TED functions. The CDS are key players in the TED to accomplish department goals.
· Each CDS is primary liaison for its school communities.
· The CDS maintains professional relationships are maintained with school personnel, parent committees, tribal programs, and the reservation community.
· The CDS will do school visits with students, parents, and/or school personnel. Home visits may be performed under special circumstances and following departmental protocols for such visits.
· The work activities are performed at the TED office in Pablo, the schools and the community settings.
· The job requires flexibility in personal schedule to accommodate occasional weekend and weekday evening activities.
· Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
|File name||Community Development Specialist 03.20.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||03/20/2017 03:38 PM|
|Last modified on||03/20/2017 03:39 PM|