CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Community Development Specialist
LOCATION: Tribal Education Department-Pablo, MT.
SALARY: $18.70 to $21.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy.
The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Community Development Specialist (CDS) will be responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive community development effort by the Tribal Education Department.
- The CDS will recruit, develop, and support a core of parents active with education in each community. The CDS will collect parent-training needs, student data, and student incentive/award information. The CDS will prepare correspondence; participate in meetings with school personnel, parents, and others. The CDS will develop and implement strategies to build relationships with parents, school staff, school boards and facilitate relationship building between the three groups.
- The CDS will collect data to monitor funding criteria for Johnson O’Malley (JOM), Title VI, Impact Aid and monitor evidence of equal opportunity participation in all school activities.
- The CDS will coordinate training for parent groups in the role of the IEC, how to conduct meetings and specific legislation (Impact Aid, JOM, Title VI, ESSA and Special Education). They will also advise parent groups in the interpretation of school policy.
- The CDS will be responsible to provide an advocacy role and maintain records in a secure location. This may include individual education plans (IEP), suspension and expulsion hearings as well as teacher/student support. The CDC will be fluent in FERPA and comply with all FERPA regulations.
- The CDS will have primary responsibility in Tribal member verification, data entry on a K-12 database.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- A high school diploma or equivalent with progressively responsible work experience in training/development.
- A minimum of four year’s work experience in a related field.
- The incumbent must possess a working knowledge of programs for Indian education such as Impact Aid, JOM, Title VI, IDEA, Special Education, Title I and Indian Education Committees.
- The CDS will be knowledgeable in development, computer use and data entry in an Access Database system.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request position description for a detailed description of desirable qualifications.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
- Copy of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Julie Cajune, Tribal Education Department Head– (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1342