CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Community Groundskeeper
LOCATION: Salish Kootenai Housing Authority
SALARY: $11.68 to $13.55 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
This position is an integral part of the Maintenance Department and consists of work to provide technical and skilled custodial, grounds and minor maintenance functions in and around the Salish & Kootenai Housing Authority office buildings and sites.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance repair work in the field of ground maintenance, carpentry, equipment and machinery operating and repair. Minor carpentry repair, concrete construction, and assisting individuals with handicap special needs.
- Mowing, weed eating and irrigating lawns with some landscaping duties.
- Removal of snow with snow plows and other snow removal equipment from all housing senior citizen areas, clustered home sites and other areas as designated by supervisor.
- Monitor recreation areas during the winter months, being alert to maintenance needs. Perform preventative maintenance on playground equipment, make repairs and re-painting when necessary.
- Cleaning of home sites, sweeping of all parking lots with street sweeper and other street and sidewalk cleaning equipment and repairing gravel driveways as needed.
- Maintain all equipment including dump trucks, industrial mowers, commercial street sweepers, snow removal equipment and lawn mowing equipment.
- Responsible for inventory of tools, equipment, supplies and materials used to perform duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all non-dwelling units.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with minor housing repairs as needed.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in the operation of all equipment used in the course of the duties.
- Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s license.
- Must have no alcohol related convictions in the last three (3) years.
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) if requested.
1 A completed Tribal employment application.
2 A copy of relevant academic transcript.
3 A copy of current valid driver’s license.
4 Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
5 If claiming Veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO:
Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Sid Shourds, Salish Kootenai Housing Authority, at 406-675-2700 Ext. #1556
|File name||Community Groundskeeper 03.23.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||03/06/2017 10:01 AM|
|Last modified on||03/15/2017 12:13 PM|