CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Curatorial Technician
LOCATION: People’s Center
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 31st, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy.
The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Curatorial Technician will be responsible for the care of all holdings (artifacts) in the center repository and museum. Incumbent will be responsible for planning and implementing programs in collections management and exhibit production by performing the following functions:
· Supervise collections management, curation and conservation activities of the center's archaeological and material collections.
· Accession, cataloguing and documenting material cultural items following the established Collections Policy.
· Provide preventative care and maintenance and proper storage of the Center's collections following the established procedures as outlined in the collections policy.
· Assist the Center Director with all aspects of loans to and from the Center with research, transportation, and processing of paperwork regarding the Center's collections.
· Participate as a team member in planning exhibits.
· Coordinate the exhibit development process including research, design, fabrication and installation of permanent, temporary and traveling exhibits.
· Develop cost analysis for planned exhibits with the Center Director.
· Collaborate with Center staff and consultants in producing exhibit materials, researching and writing storylines for exhibit scripts.
· Collaborate with the Center staff and consultants in developing educational programs relating to exhibits and Salish, Kootenai and Pend d'Oreille history and culture.
· Consult with and receive guidance from tribal elders and culture committees.
· Assist with grant proposals for collections survey, acquisition, and management; exhibit research and development, and others as necessary.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Center Director or Tribal Education Department Head.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Marie Torosian, People’s Center Director – (406) 675-2700 Ext. #2104
|File name||Curatorial Technician 08.09.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||08/09/2017 05:16 PM|
|Last modified on||08/09/2017 05:17 PM|