CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Dental Hygienist
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- 80% Clinical – 20% Community
- Responsible for performing advanced prophylactic and preventive dental procedures in the treatment of patients with related medical and dental problems as it relates to current standards of care.
- Possess the ability to develop and implement comprehensive oral health treatment plans.
- Establish periodontal therapy and recall system.
- Administer local oral anesthesia under general supervision of a dentist.
- Additional duties include administering anti-caries preventive agents, caries arresting agents, desensitizing root surfaces, scaling, and root planning, placing temporary restorations, taking and pouring impressions for study casts, removing sutures, and instructing the patients in home care therapy and proper diet as it relates to oral health.
- Community functions include conducting community-based oral health education, establishment of school-based preventive programs, elder/senior services and collaborative programs with health partners, such as diabetes program, Early Childhood Services, WIC, Community Health programs.
- Periodically develops and conducts oral health workshops and training seminars for staff and community members.
- Offers written follow up when involved in community activities including the nature of the contact and how many individuals were involved in the presentation.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION:
- The applicant must be a graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program. A Bachelor’s of Science degree is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a current license to practice dental hygiene in the State of Montana.
- Licensed to administer local oral anesthesia.
- Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s license
DESIRABLE QUALIIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of a current valid driver’s license.
- Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact the Tribal Health Department at (406)-675-2700 Ext. #5032.