|Name||Deputy Clerk of Court I|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Deputy Clerk of Court I
LOCATION: Tribal Court – Pablo, MT.
SALARY: $12.78-$14.84 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday – August 31st, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and complete a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Attends Court sessions; takes minutes of actions and proceedings; request clarifications of instructions and order of actions to properly note the official court record.
- Impanels and polls jurors, records challenges, administers oath or affirmations to witnesses and jurors and records jury service and compensation due to jurors. Maintains court records and files, such as records of court-appointed counsel and experts; receipts, marks and takes custody of evidence.
- Prepares a variety of documents related to court operations.
- Performs difficult and complex duties related to reviewing legal documents and examining them for accuracy, completeness and conformity to requirements. May provide procedural assistance to self-represented litigants.
- Is willing and able to accept cross training and work assignments in all units. Receives and examines legal documents for accuracy, completeness and conformity to requirements; returns unacceptable documents; affixes seals and stamps to endorse, certify and file documents.
- Receives, reviews, processes, certifies and prepares required legal documents and records for court sessions.
- Prepares and maintains documents and exhibits; files legal documents and related case materials; retrieves and delivers files and documents to court or appropriate parties; maintains court records and files.
- Advises attorneys, agencies and the public on the status of cases in a professional and courteous manner; provides procedural information; answers inquiries and explains filing processes; explains fees and fines; assists individuals in locating material and information.
- Prepares documents in conformance with court orders, issues legal documents, such as warrants, writs, subpoenas, abstracts and other official documents on behalf of the court in accordance with policies and procedures; recalls warrants, exonerates bail, prepares judgments and dismisses or seals cases in accordance with established codes and court procedures.
- Accepts fines arid fees.
- Prepares court calendars and/or schedules cases for hearings, conferring with the appropriate individuals according to established procedures; distributes calendars and related case files for review.
- Performs a variety of office and court support work; prepares letters, correspondence, forms and other documents; maintains copies of documents; operates computers, maintains and updates files and databases; generates computer reports; performs word processing; operates office equipment; maintains and retrieves archived records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to accurately type 50 wpm
- Must have a high level of clerical, word processing, proofreading, grammar and accounting skills as outlined in job description requirements.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and sign a court confidentiality agreement.
- High level of customer service and working with outside agencies and the public.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request position description for detailed desirable qualifications.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Copy of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
3. Copy of recent typing test.
4. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
5. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Winona Tanner, Chief Judge at 406-675-2700 Ext. #1110.
|File name||Deputy Clerk of Court I 08.09.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||08/09/2017 05:18 PM|
|Last modified on||08/09/2017 05:19 PM|