|Name||Field Compliance Technician - Agricultural Emphasis|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
* * * V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T * * *
Re-advertised due to shortage of qualified applicants
TITLE: Field Compliance Technician – Agricultural Emphasis
LOCATION: Tribal Lands Department
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Field Compliance Technician – Agricultural Emphasis is a furlough-able field position with responsibilities in lease review and compliance, lese and asset documentation and compliance enforcement, if necessary. This position is an important part of the management of Federal/Tribal assets. Appropriate land and sustained land management activities are part of trust responsibility. Position is subject to available funds and work.
· Provides input into the semiannual agriculture lease/permit advertisements and contract preparations as a member of a team; ensures that annual lease compliance inspections are performed on all leases assigned.
· Prepares maps and insures land descriptions mapping requirements, etc. are complete for lease compliance and lese review; utilizes computer database and computer software applications to accomplish outlined duties; enter all data into the CSKT Land Management System (LMS).
· Conducts compliance checks of farm/pasture leases for grazing utilization, season of use, lease improvement installation and maintenance as specified in the lease contract.
· Conducts compliance actions on leased and permitted lands for violations such as trash and debris, unauthorized occupancy or use, proper removal and reclamation of materials from site.
· Performs field investigations of trespass livestock, collects information required for corrective actions, and follows through with legal actions as required in accordance with applicable laws.
· Develops and maintains manual lists and documentation procedures on all lease correspondence regarding enforcement and cancellation actions; follow-up procedures, correspondence on corrective actions, recovery of bonds, and history of lessee’s land use practices.
· Provides weekly report of outcomes to supervisor. Weekly report includes incumbent activities and activities and accomplishments assigned to the FCT-AE.
· Works collaboratively in support of the Department Head and Compliance Program Manager directives within assigned functional area and works as part of departmental team using expertise to accomplish Tribal Council and Department Head priorities and goals.
· Is efficient, organized and accurate in the tasks assigned.
· Other special projects may be assigned by Supervisor and/or Department head.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
· Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent with training or education in realty or other land-related field.
· Must possess one (1) year of work experience in a land related field. This experience should have land legal descriptions, computer operation, land records research, map/aerial photo interpretation, and may also include; surveying, land inventory, forestry, range conservation, real estate sales, farming, ranching, or related fields.
· Must maintain physical capacity to walk leases efficiently with no danger of physical harm, and to assist in fire suppression, a work capacity test is required.
· Must possess or be eligible to obtain a valid Montana Motor Vehicle Operator license.
DESIRABLE QUAILIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
· Request a copy of position description for full details.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Copies of relevant academic transcript/training certificate.
3. Copy of a current valid driver’s license.
4. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
5. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO:
Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Carolee Wenderoth, Tribal Lands Department Head, at 406-675-2700 Ext. #1199
|File name||Field Compliance Technician-Agricultural Emphasis FCT-AE 8.23.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||08/24/2017 05:05 PM|
|Last modified on||08/24/2017 05:07 PM|