CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
TITLE: Fitness Specialist - 1 or more
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- The Fitness Specialist is a technical position in Tribal Health & Human Services that is responsible for assisting in diabetes awareness programs, providing health education activities, community development programs, providing personal exercise programs and youth fitness programs.
- Provide and develop fitness evaluations for clients.
- Provide personal exercise programs for clients.
- Provide and develop fitness activities for Fitness Center.
- Managing the Tribal Fitness/Community building, scheduling usage, collecting fees, securing the building and enforcing policies, rules and regulation set by THHS.
- Responsible for Car Seat/Booster Seat program under the supervision of the Heath Educator.
- Provide clients with diabetes, cardiovascular and other health issues with assistance to develop exercise program to improve health related behavior.
- Become a health advocate and provide information to the public, promoting healthier lifestyle, an awareness of disease prevention, and encourage youth to become more active.
- fl Health Shall assist the Health Educator in providing health education activities, community development programs and public awareness campaigns on the CSKT Reservation.
- Shall provide and develop fitness evaluations for clients.
- Shall provide personal exercise programs for clients, including home visits when requested by CVD/DM programs.
- Shall provide and develop fitness activities for the Elmo Fitness Center, and other communities without fitness centers.
- Shall be responsible for managing the Tribal Fitness/Community building. Scheduling usage, collecting fees, securing the building and enforcing policies, rules and regulations set by THHS.
- Shall be responsible for managing the Car Seat/Booster Seat program under the supervision of the Health Educator.
- Shall target specific clients such as diabetes or cardiovascular to exercise and improve health related behavior, making home visits when necessary.
- Will also aid in providing health information to the public, promoting an awareness of disease prevention.
- Will provide attitudes and behavior in health promotion through training sessions, workshops and community activity programs.
- Will support Department Heads, Division Managers, Programs Managers, and Tribal Leaders in identifying and evaluating current health related problems and issues.
- Will be responsible for recruiting and training volunteers.
- Will maintain the fitness equipment and insure that the fitness center is well kept and safe.
- Will monitor blood sugars and blood pressure for high risk groups and individuals.
- Shall be responsible for all required documentation.
- Will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years experience in coaching, teaching fitness activities, or working with the public in recreation or any health related field.
- Certification as a Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer will be completed within 6 month of hire.
- Must have First Aid/CPR certification or obtain within thirty (30) days.
- Must have current valid driver’s license.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Complete a supplemental questionnaire for background.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
Prefer a Two (2) year degree in Health related field. Request questionnaire from the Personnel Department.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Completed background supplemental questionnaire.
- Copy of relevant academic transcript/certifications.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Willie Stevens, THD at 745-3525 Ext. #5151