CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406.675.2711
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Forester I
(1 year contract position)
LOCATION: Forestry Department – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $18.70 to $21.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, April 6, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test.
This is an entry-level professional position. The professional forester fills a generalist position responsible for most phases of forest land management at the stand and project level, ensuring that all proposed activities meet applicable Tribal, Federal and State regulations and laws. Projects will generally be simple to moderately complex in nature. Duties are as follows:
· Conducts area reconnaissance for sale planning and develops data for stratification into stands, vegetative conditions, logging systems, management prescriptions, habitat types, etc. or other specialty strata required by other relevant natural interests.
· Provides forestry input to inter-disciplinary teams for sale preparation, including existing conditions reports and impact analysis.
· Utilizes reconnaissance data and formal stand exam data, management plan and interdiscipli8nary team input to complete the prescriptive process, integrating all identified social, political, legal, economic, varied funding sources and biologic issues.
· Reviews existing road systems for condition, recommends improvement and upgrade needs.
· Field checks designs, and designates centerline for additional road system to access cutting units.
· Designs specialty structures such as switchbacks, v-draw and v-ridge crossings.
· Designs sale and cutting boundaries to meet harvesting, biological, visual, burning, economic and other criteria.
· Designates and executes statistically sound timber cruises, processes and summarizes cruise data and develops sale stumpage appraisals.
· Coordinates input to sale development from Forest Development, fire and other disciplines.
· Prepares Forest Officer’s Reports, NEPA document input, timber sale contracts, prospectus, advertisements and maps.
· Designates timber for cutting through the application of silvicultural prescriptions and marking guides.
· Other duties as assigned include, but are not limited to:
* Assists in establishment and re-measurement of permanent growth plots.
* Assists in fire suppression and prescribed burning as directed by the Fire Management Officer.
* Shares in the training of other forestry personnel.
* Supervises employees as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry or a Bachelor of Science degree in the science field with at least 24 semester hours in forestry.
- At least 6 months of field forestry experience at the technician or professional level is required, so as to demonstrate field readiness in the use and application of basic forestry tools and techniques.
- Must possess a State of Montana driver’s license at the time of hire and possess throughout employment. BIA requirement of employee adherence to all responsibilities under the Department of Interior (DOI) Motor Vehicle Operator Policy.
- In order to function as fire overhead, a current red card must be updated and an annual physical must be submitted.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Please request a copy of the job description.
1. Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Duane Plant, Project Planning Division Manager @ (406) 675-2700, ext. 6025.
|File name||Forester I - 3.16.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||03/16/2017 04:26 PM|
|Last modified on||03/16/2017 04:27 PM|