||CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Home Care Program Manager
LOCATION: Department of Human Resource Development
SALARY: $18.70 to $21.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, February 01, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
• Collaborates in home service delivery for multi-problem patients and families; promotes the integration of social services and nursing care with existing health care mechanisms. Provides administrative and technical monitoring of the IHS Kerr Elderly Home Care Providers.
• Allocates healthcare intervention services to patient and families encountering acute health related stresses.
• Participates in assessing physical and psychosocial aspects of care for patients with disabilities, and acute/chronic illnesses.
• Receive referrals from THHS nurses for documentation of need and completes an assessment. Coordinates the Home Care Providers and coordinates the hours to be completed with the nurse’s referral.
• Maintains on-going medical/technical advice for patients receiving Home Care Services. This is accomplished by individual home visits and input from other involved professionals.
• Provides patient advocacy as required for homecare services and the elderly.
• Coordinates with the THHS nursing staff in developing the plan of care for Home Care Provider Services following initial assessment and as care requirements change.
• Assesses family capabilities and the need to supplement family care plans as needed. Home Care services are not to supplant or displace family responsibility.
• Teaches specific procedures involved in activities of daily living skills to patient, family and Home Care Provider as indicated by patient’s medical needs.
• Prepares and maintains case records, making skillfully assessed entries in patient’s individual file, and completes monthly reports in a timely manner.
• Maintains on-going contact and supervision of up to 50+ Home Care Providers and making home visits to recipients’ homes completing assessments to include services, mental health, and capacity issues.
• Monitoring ongoing case needs and adjusting schedule and Home Care Provider services provider per ongoing case assessment of needs, physician and other professional recommendations.
• Program Manager will complete and update as needed the caregiver policy manual in collaboration with THHS and ready for Council consideration.
• Collaborates with Elderly Services Division Manager on all nonmedical support services for budgeting resources.
• Home Care Program manager shall provide crisis advice to homecare providers in times of emergencies for homecare providers and clients.
• Will provide training and advice on multiple subjects with elder care and elder abuse. This training will cover signs of abuse and processes and procedure when abuse has been recognized.
• Works closely with elders and department head advocating for client needs, program changes, and future anticipated needs.
• Completes data research on program collecting data in a systematic way and analyzing the information for budget development and program strategies.
• Has a thorough understanding of the populaces’ drugs, their indicators, and mental clues for abuse and/or family pilfering.
• Ability to work with lay workers and CNAs to enhance their skills, guide their growth as workers, and ensure policy compliance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
Incumbent must be an R.N. (Registered Nurse) and it is preferred that they have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a field that encompasses social work, administration, budget management, case management, supervision and/or health related training
A Valid Montana Driver’s License is required.
Specialized training and/or a minimum of three years of experience in client advocacy, supervision and professional case management desired.
Must have experience in managing a paraprofessional staff. Must have managed more than five people at one time.
Must have managed accounts and or been fiscally responsible managing programs.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
3. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
4. If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
5. Proof of a valid driver’s license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Templer, DHRD Department Head @ 406.675.2700, ext.1038.