|Name||Home Maintenance Advocate|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Home Maintenance Advocate
LOCATION: Salish Kootenai Housing Authority
SALARY: $14.04 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- This position is an integral part of the Housing Resource Department and is responsible for home maintenance counseling and will act as a homebuyer liaison before, during and after rehabilitation for customers participating in the Home Improvement Program (HIP) and Weatherization (WX) Programs.
- This position will assist with HIP/WX program application intake, assisting Coordinator with verification of information and scoring of applications for, placement on correlating waiting list. Maintain current waiting list for both programs.
- Upon completion of the inspection, in the case of HIP projects approval through the HIP Board, Home Maintenance Advocate shall schedule and complete a home visit to thoroughly discuss proposed work plan. At that time pictures will be taken of the home and an evaluation of the family needs will be processed. Also at this time Home Maintenance Advocate will obtain the homeowner’s signature on all pertinent paperwork prior to the work order being put out to bid.
- The position will stay in contact and make interval home visits with the homeowner throughout the rehabilitation phase to work with the family on any concerns or problems during rehabilitation. The position will also be responsible for making arrangements for any type of relocation necessary during rehabilitation; this is in the case of larger HIP projects. This would include any storage facilities for homeowner’s belongings if necessary.
- The position will develop a library of home maintenance information materials for distribution to homeowners and prepare packets to deliver to homeowners upon completion of home rehabilitation with each packet being specific to the family needs. Develop home maintenance articles, to include seasonal maintenance information, for local newspapers.
- The position will follow up on possible maintenance problems assigned by the supervisor as requested from other Salish and Kootenai Housing Authority (Housing Authority) personnel, or any other Tribal Departments. This would also include seeking any or all available resources optional to the customer seeking assistance. If customer is not eligible for HIP/WX services, Home Maintenance Advocate shall make every effort to make appropriate referral to any other pertinent agencies.
- The position must maintain complete and accurate files on all HIP/WX program participants, ensuring all pertinent information is included in the files.
- The position will follow up on referral from other agencies, maintaining an up-to-date data base on all referrals.
- The position will assist the Rehabilitation/Weatherization Coordinator (Rehab/WX Coordinator) with day to day activities and perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION:
- Must possess an AA degree in Human Services or related field OR must have two years experience in working with families. In addition, some type of direct working experience with the public in some type of capacity.
- Position needs to be a very aggressive self-starter and have experience with organizing and implementing program activities.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license with no drug or alcohol related convictions.
- Must be willing to travel out of the area for training and conferences pertaining to job duties.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a position description for detailed desirable qualifications.
1 A completed Tribal employment application.
2 A copy of relevant academic transcript.
3 A copy of current valid driver’s license.
4 Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
5 If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO:
Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Katie Miller, Salish Kootenai Housing Authority at 406-675-2700 Ext. #1505
|File name||Home Maintenance Advocate 03.01.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||03/01/2017 04:30 PM|
|Last modified on||03/01/2017 04:30 PM|