CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Medical Clinician- One or more positions
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department-Clinic to be determined
SALARY: Exempt-Salary Negotiable
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Position is a Testing Designated Position within the definition of the CSKT Drug Free Workplace Policy effective January 1, 1998. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
Serves as a Family Practitioner in the Tribal Health Department Clinic(s) “at assigned THD locations” providing general medical, pediatric and gynecological services in an outpatient and emergency setting. The Practitioner must have the competencies and skill for assessing physical and psychosocial health and/or illness status of patients.
- Conducts initial and periodic health histories and examinations on individual patients with acute and chronic illnesses, and for preventive medical care; ordering of appropriate diagnostic tests; making medical diagnosis based on these histories, exams and diagnostic tests; implementing and prescribing of medications and treatments within the clinical training of a licensed Medical Provider. Refers to physician or specialists when appropriate; provides follow up care with patients and their families. As appropriate to primary care, will assist in the coordination of medical care. May occasionally care for patients at home as approved.
- Educates individuals in the nature or health related conditions, recommended therapy and the general promotion of health and prevention or illness/disease.
- Refers patients and their families to a Registered Nurse for continued care follow-up as appropriate.
- Records patient-provider transactions in the problem oriented Electronic Health Record (EHR) format in accurate timely fashion and completes required data collection instruments, referrals and medical records.
- Provides medical advice to the THD administration as requested and clinical personnel as necessary.
- Occasionally may provide clinical internship supervision and guidance to nurse practitioner or physician assistant students.
- Provides medically related educational training, clinical staff training and/or guidance, and orientation of THD staff as required.
- Participates in assigned THD staff meetings to develop new, modify existing, and evaluate medical procedures and processes relative to assurance of quality patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
The Incumbent must possess a specialized knowledge of the concepts, principals and practices of Family Medicine obtained through the successful completed course of study in F.N.P. The incumbent must have a thorough working knowledge of the major primary care field of internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology and pediatrics in order to treat a majority of patients.
- Board of nursing certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be currently licensed (and in good standing) to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the United States and Montana
- Current ACLS certification is required.
- Skill intact and diplomacy while working in stressful situations.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and traditional native cultures.
- Ability to participate in activities and functions required which assures compliance with AAHC or other accreditation organization standards.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must adhere to Tribal Resolutions #94-74 and #06-48 regarding employee conflict of interest and employee standards of conduct of Tribal employees.
- Must meet all annual training and system requirements to maintain access to required computer systems.
- Must maintain proper licensure/certification and registration; if required.
- Must participate in and support HIPAA training as needed and required.
- Must adhere to CSKT social media policy and other CSKT Tribal policies regarding professional conduct.
- Will be required to participate in pre-hire drug test and random drug tests thereafter.
- Must pass a background and suitability check according to Public Law 101-630; the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Must adhere to all Tribal Health Department directives and policies.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request position description for a detailed description of desirable qualifications.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcript.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Shonda Bolen, Tribal Health Department – (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5032