||CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406-675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: www.csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Mental Health Counselor
LOCATION: Two Eagle River School – Pablo, MT
An alternative school serving Native American youth
Grades 8th thru 12th
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
1. Provide Mental Health Counseling for TERS students in accordance with the rules and guidelines of Two Eagle River School and Freedom Lodge.
2. Evaluate all referrals made by school personnel through the school counselor.
3. Coordinate services with school counselor.
• Master's degree from an accredited graduate program in Social Work, Psychology or related Mental Health profession.
• Licensed as Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor or in a position to obtain license.
• Must pass drug test, background check, fingerprinting (no violence against children or other individuals, no sexual abuse against children).
• Must be willing to promote a program of drug and alcohol free education.
• Must be willing to be a team member of active staff and demonstrate cooperative behavior.
• Experience working with Native American youth and/or knowledge of Native American culture a plus but not required.
1. Completed Tribal employment application (recent & completed). Resumes may be submitted, but may not replace the application.
2. Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
3. Proof of enrollment.
4. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
5. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts & teaching/training certificates.
6. Three (3) letters of reference.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855 @ 406-675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Rodney Bird, Superintendent @ 406-675-0292.