CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Network Operation Technician
LOCATION: Information Technology Program – Pablo, MT
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer telephone for Network Operations and receive general questions and problems from users. Assists with general questions and refers more difficult problems to the Network Operations Analysts or other IT staff, as appropriate.
- Uses desktop “Help Desk” software to manage and support users and track IT program deliverables under direction of the Network Operations Manager.
- Is responsible for monitoring systems and software, and alerting proper IT staff of abnormalities and troubles with specific applications, as directed.
- Use skills to successfully support end users and to successfully troubleshoot desktop environments running the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Performs desktop user support throughout the Tribal enterprise, including hardware troubleshooting, repair, installation, and desktop software troubleshooting, installation, and configuration.
- Perform copying, scanning, filing, and other office support functions for the IT Program.
- Installs and configures computer hardware and software as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a CompTIA A+ or the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification with one (1) year of computer support experience, OR an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science from an accredited university may be temporarily substituted for the certification with one-year computer support experience.
- If the selected candidate does not possess the CompTIA A+ or the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification at the time of employment, the employee must complete the testing and obtain either certification within one year of date of hire. Failure to obtain the required certifications within the time frame is grounds for termination of employment.
- Prefer experience with current Microsoft operating systems and hardware/software troubleshooting in a PC/LAN environment.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Ability to positively interact with users in providing technical support.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with follow-up and attention to detail.
- Must have and maintain a Montana State driver’s license as condition of employment.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Crystal Reese, Network Operation Manager @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1228.