CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Network Administrator
LOCATION: Information Technology – Pablo, MT
SALARY: Exempt position – Salary negotiable
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test.
- Monitor the overall efficiency and performance of the network (LAN/WAN). Remain on constant alert for alarms. Service degradation or interruptions to network operation.
- Responsible for overall network administration duties including user account management, system security, recovery, and second level end-user and workstation support.
- Provide reliable data communication network by installing, configuring and maintaining all of the LAN equipment. As appropriate, will assist external contractors in this area.
- Install, configure and maintain all network devices including routers and switches.
- Responsible for installation, upgrades, license management. And operational readiness of Tribal network monitoring and management tools and software including, but not limited to the following tools; SolarWinds, Barracuda, Websense and Sonicwall.
- Monitor network performance and plan for future growth by providing recommendations to the IT Program Manager for equipment and/or software purchases.
- Provide technical training and supervision to other staff in the IT Program in troubleshooting and providing on-site assistance to users.
- Identify network problems, isolate and report to users. Initiate actions to solve problems and bring conclusion
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a current Cisco CCNA certification with two (2) years of experience in network operation, installations, and design in an enterprise-level networked environment OR possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant related degree from an accredited university with specific classroom instruction in networking with two (2) years of experience in network operation, installations, and design in an enterprise-level networked environment.
- If an applicant does not have current certification, the applicant may be hired with the understanding that they must acquire the certification within one (1) year of hire. Failure to acquire the certification is grounds for termination of employment.
- Experience with Tribal governments/organizations is desirable.
- Must be able to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to IT staff and Tribal employees.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to positively interact with Tribal employees and Tribal IT staff in providing network administration, operations, technical support and directions in network operations is required.
- Must have and maintain a Montana State driver’s license as a condition of employment.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Ability to positively interact with users in providing systems administration, network operations, technical support, network engineering, Internet/web development and programming.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with follow-up and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform a variety of complex tasks independently and be self-directing.
- Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of a valid Montana State driver’s license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo, MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Crystal Reese, Network Operation Manager @ 675.2700, ext. 1228.