CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Office Manager
LOCATION: Tribal Credit Office
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
SALARY: $17.48 to $20.24 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Office Manager position uses certain specialized knowledge to assist management with administration of Tribal Credit and is responsible for the performance, oversight or delegation of a variety of administrative and secretarial functions. This position is under the supervision of the Assistant Credit Manager.
- Responsible to receive all incoming calls and to transfer calls to the proper individual. Responsible to act as receptionist to all individuals that come into the Tribal Credit and direct them to the proper Credit personnel.
- Responsible to open and distribute the daily mail.
- Responsible to open & lock the file vault daily and to turn on and fill the copy machine with paper daily.
- Responsible to give loan balances to individual borrowers and to inquire if they are planning to pay the loan in full. Responsible to calculate long and short term loan pay-offs and pull the paid in full file for processing by the Assistant Credit Manager.
- Provides general information to the public on loan procedures and assists in filling out the short term loan application when necessary.
- Approval authority for Short Term Loans in the event the Short term Loan Officer is unable to process a short term loan in a timely manner.
- Responsible for receiving all short term loan applications and checking for completeness. Pulls loan file and forwards to the Short Term Loan Officer.
- Coordinates with the Short Term Loan Officer to insure all loans are reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for audit of short term loans to insure that all files contain all required documents and that all loan balances are accurate. Also, to insure that all procedures were followed for issuing the loans. Once files are audited, responsible to file the loan files back in the file vault.
- Prepares all long term and educational loan documents.
- Responsible to insure all delinquency notices are files in the proper loan file.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- The Office Manager must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Tribe’s insurance plan.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in office management or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have knowledge of loan procedures, computer operations, office practices and procedures.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW)
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with general public, other employees, and CSKT departments.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to accomplish group goals and objectives; must have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to perform under stressful situations and be organized, independent, reliable and responsible.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of current valid driver license.
- Copy of relevant academic transcripts.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’ preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1043 or 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Lorma Sloan, Tribal Credit Office at (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1093.