CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Recreation Coordinator
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $14.56 to $16.83 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a full recreational program under Job Corps and Tribal guidelines. This position consists of working directly with the student population to generate recreational activities which will develop self esteem and constructive ways to us “free time”. Also includes mandatory physical testing, program supervision, and giving direction and guidance to subordinates.
- Will develop, institute, and maintain Job Corps required drown proofing and physical fitness programs.
- Will generate monthly facility use plans and activity plans for Center gymnasium.
- Will supervise the use of gym and gym equipment.
- Monitor recreation equipment “check out” system.
- Keep up to date recreation inventory lists.
- Will develop, institute, and maintain on going instrumental activities according to students’ interests.
- Will monitor student behavior and be an active member of the Group Life team as assigned.
- Be active Group Life member in evaluation of students.
- Will develop behavior objectives monthly for students assigned to his/her groups.
- Will facilitate weekly group sessions known as “SST by meeting”.
- Will assist Recreation Specialist/Avocational Instructor in development of weekly, monthly, and yearly activity plans. Will work directly with TEAP instructor for students requiring Physical Education activities.
- Will develop, institute and maintain new student orientation within PRH guidelines.
- Will develop, institute, and maintain physical education classes. Will work directly with TEAP instructor for students requiring Physical Education activities.
- Will coach or assist Recreation Specialist in coaching center athletic teams or special interest groups.
- Is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Center gymnasiums.
Will enforce center rules and regulations, on and off center.
Will document student participation in all areas of recreation.
Will provide transportation services as required.
Responsible for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
- Monitor student aides during cleanup period.
- Submit requests for repairs to proper authority when appropriate.
- Procure cleaning supplies.
- Will do weekly facility and equipment survey.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess an Associate’s degree in recreation or health/physical education with emphasis in recreation, or Associate’s degree in other area along with endorsements/certifications/documented experience in recreation related areas.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Montana Commercial B license with passenger and airbrake endorsement within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a current water safety instructor’s card and a certified lifeguard instructor card within six (6) months of hire.
- Must pass standard medical physical examination; and must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR card within 60 days of hire.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Diversified background in difference types of recreational activities, sports and sports rules. Sociology or Psychology background is helpful.
- Skills in use of recreational equipment, coaching, and outdoor recreation; counseling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to work with youth between the ages of 16–24 years of age; ability to work under stressful conditions, both physical and mental.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1043 or 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Arlene Bigby, Kicking Horse Job Corps Center Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 6301.