|| CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****VACANC Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Second Circle Lodge Shift Worker – 1 or more contract positions
LOCATION: Department of Human Resource Development
SALARY: $12.78 to $14.84 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, February 1, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
This position shares the primary responsibility for the supervision of the daily activities of the youth placed in Second Circle Lodge with a fellow shift worker.
- Oversees the preparation of serving meals and snacks by utilizing the established menu.
- Provides transportation to and from school, counseling appointments, medical appointments, and dental appointments etc., as needed.
- Assist youth with the development of skills to manage conflict with each other, with decision-making, and life planning skills by modeling good conflict resolution skills, problem-solving skills and planning skills. The incumbent must provide the youth with clear, timely and direct feedback about the youth’s abilities in these areas.
- Supervises the youth’s completion of their daily chore responsibilities.
- Provides general house cleaning duties to ensure the facility is clean and well organized at all times.
- Provides supervision at scheduled group recreational events, cultural activities and is responsible for keeping youths together and within sight at all events.
- Immediately intervenes when students are involved in aggressive or inappropriate behavior according to procedure.
- Provides education to youth to increase their skills in cooking, cleaning, doing own personal laundry, studying, job seeking and other areas as determined appropriate by the Second Circle Lodge Team.
- Must read and be knowledgeable of the SCL house manual, youths’ handbook and the 69C Personnel manual and follow procedures.
- Will attend Transitional Living meetings if scheduled that day shift.
- Provides feedback to Second Circle Lodge Team and Manager about apparent needs of youth i.e.: counseling, medical etc.
- Responsible for completing 30-day case reviews of youth to maintain IV-E requirements for licensing.
- Shift Workers must be available to work the three (3) different shifts (day, swing and graveyard). This requires having a good contact number and being available “on call” 24/7, if needed to be called into work on short notice.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age or at least 19 years old and attending college full-time with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Must have a cell phone or landline to be contacted.
- Past charges for child abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse will be investigated through the background and suitability determination process. Must not be found guilty of two or more misdemeanor offenses under federal, state or tribal law, involving crimes of violence, sexual assault, molestation, crimes against persons or children. Must not have a felony offense. Will be required to pass a criminal background and suitability check per PL 101-630 Indian Child and family violence protection act. Will be required to report to supervisor in the event of any civil or criminal charges.
- No misdemeanor convictions in the past year, with the exception of traffic offenses. Traffic offenses cannot exceed three within the last two (2) years.
- Must not be subject of current criminal investigation, which would include indictments.
- Must not have had a conviction of driving under the influence of substances or a per se within the last three (3) years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and be eligible for a chauffer’s license within 90 days of hire and verification of liability insurance. Will be required to participate in annual driver’s license checks and insurance verifications.
- This position is subject to a background check in accordance with Public Law 101-630, 25 USC Section 3201 and Public Law 101-647, 42 USC, Section 13031. The background check also includes child protective service checks and driving records checks.
*Request copy of position description for complete qualification requirements.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
3. Copy of relevant academic transcript and proof of college enrollment.
4. Copy of current valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
5. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
6. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Arlene Templer, Department Head at (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1159 or 1038