CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corp – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $10.61 to $12.30 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test.
- Provide main clerical support to all department heads as requested including; Center Director, Director of Business Management, Nursing Supervisor, Vocational Director, Director of Education, Senior Counselor, and Group Life Director.
- Use word processor to create and transcribe documents as requested by Administrative staff.
- Prepare purchase orders and requisitions and turn in receiving report as needed. Including services for the Kitchen, Warehouse, and off Center Vendors.
- Responsible for chronological filing for Center correspondence including DOL, PRH Changes, JC Information Notices, JC Instruction Notices, and Center Director Issuances. Responsible for all other Administrative filing.
- Monitor vehicle check out log.
- Put rough draft correspondence into final form with responsibility for correction punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and format in a word processing program.
- Receive and log in Student/Staff Packages daily. Sign for deliveries from UPS, Fed Ex, and the United States Postal Service. Maintain separate logs of package delivery to students and staff.
- Separate student and staff mail and deliver mail to addressees, while maintaining a log of these deliveries. Open and sort Center mail including date stamping, attaching pertinent information, and delivering to appropriate staff.
- Gather and sort outgoing mail. Ensure proper postage on all mail. Bag mail in USPS bag and hand to Postal Service when they arrive.
- Monitor and maintain Center Postage meter including postage refills, maintenance, cleaning, and refill of ink cartridge. Change postage defaults when needed.
- DUTIES CONTINUED:
- Responsible for operation of Photocopy machine and upkeep including calling for repairs, refilling paper, and clearing paper jams.
- Ensure changes are made to Center-DOL correspondence including PRH handbook, JC information notices, JC instruction notices, SPAMIS notices, and Center Director issuances. All books must be kept current including calling other resources to find notices that are missing or never received.
- Responsible for receiving, welcoming, and directing visitors to the appropriate personnel. Screen visitors when needed. Require all visitors to center to sign in/out.
- Monitor and use Tribal/Center Phone system. Answer, transfer and announce phone calls to all staff. Use voicemail technology. Take clear, legible phone messages and direct calls to staff when necessary. Call Tribe for service or repair when needed.
- Use Group E-mail for Center and Center Director. Monitor incoming and outgoing messages and file when necessary in the E-mail log. Deliver E-mail to Center Director.
- Assist outreach and Placement Technicians when needed. Be able to answer basic questions about enrollment, the Center, mailing of brochures, placement/employment information/verification, etc.
- Use fax machine, including faxing for all departments.
- Responsible for sale of meal tickets all staff. Receipt money in and log tickets sold.
- Receipt in all money and deliver to Assistant Director of Business Management.
- Prepare, wrap, and label packages to be delivered to students/former students by USPS, or other means of delivery.
- Maintain Administration Building common areas in a clean/orderly manner: vacuum entryway/lobby area, conference room, and hallways; clean bathrooms; empty garbage containers when needed; and dust/clean surfaces of desks, shelves, etc. in the common areas. Supervise student orderlies when assigned to these duties and/or phone duty.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of prior training or experience as a secretary or clerk-typist.
- Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must possess a valid, current MT Driver’s License.
- Pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
- Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of valid driver’s license.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Arlene Bigby, Center Director @ 675.2700, ext. 6301.