CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Staff Cook
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps - Ronan, MT
SALARY: $11.68 to $13.55 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Receives daily work assignments from Food Service Manager involving: cooking assignments, special projects, student and practical instructions demonstration, and generally oversee daily meal preparation.
- Ensure sanitation and safety of kitchen facility by: kitchen police assignments, instruct students on health, sanitation rules and regulations, reporting any deficiencies of kitchen or equipment to Manger.
- Ensure safeguarding of all secured materials and inventory, reporting all inventory used during shift to manager.
- Document student progress and report to manager daily and weekly. This ensures accurate vocational input for guidance teams and maximum benefits systems.
- Perform cook apprentice instructor’s duties in his/her absence when assigned.
- Work irregular hours when assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for instructing Employability Social Skills Training (ESST) of students during the Career Preparation Period (CPP), Career Development Period (CDP), and Career Transition Period (CST) for student transfer and exit readiness
- Responsible for modeling, mentoring and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have three (3) years of experience in institutional cooking OR five (5) years cooking experience with a related combination of cooking in or as a Hotel and Restaurant line cook, sous chef, banquet chef, private or public club kitchen cook or chef, private or public club kitchen cook or chef, Head Start cook, Fire Camp crew cook, full scale catering cook, cruise of fishing boat cook or chef OR be a graduate of a two (2) year vocational/technical program with one (1) year cooking experience.
- Fast food experience will not be an allowable cooking experience.
- Must be experienced in preparation of breakfast, lunch, and supper meals, in addition, incumbent must be knowledgeable in preparing special meals, baking, salads, soups, sauces, and desserts.
- Must possess a valid class D driver’s license and insurance.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
- This is a Tested Designated Position.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Must be able to work weekends and unusual hours.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a food handler’s card.
- Must be able to pass physical stating that applicant is free of any communicable disease.
- Possess the ability to communicate in verbal or written form.
1. Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
3. If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, a copy of the DD 214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Robert Camel, Food Service Manager @ 675.2700, ext. 6336, or John Wheeler, KHJC Center Director @ 675-2700, ext. 6301.
|File name||Staff Cook - 11.23.16.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||11/28/2016 08:57 AM|
|Last modified on||12/04/2017 09:38 AM|