|Name||Supervisory Clinical Psychologist – Contract Position|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
********V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T********
TITLE: Supervisory Clinical Psychologist – Contract Position
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Major regular duties of this Supervisory Clinical Psychologist position are those of, counseling, individual and group psychotherapy, testing and evaluation, consultation, and crisis intervention with children, adolescents, families and schools.
- Provide in-depth assessment and diagnosis of the full range of emotional and psychiatric disorders utilizing criteria contained in DSM IV and according to established program standards and procedures.
- Provides individual, group, and family psychotherapy on an ongoing and intensive basis, utilizing a variety of treatment modalities to meet the needs of the population.
- Utilizes knowledge of psychotherapeutic drugs to assess the need for and response to drugs and maintain a linking and feedback system between clients and the medical providers regarding the prescription of these drugs.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests. Provides consultation to families, community, THD providers and other professionals requesting consultation. Total amount of time spent in testing is regulated by direct clinical treatment needs and standard psychiatric assessment which have first priority.
- Provides crisis intervention services to clients and agencies with a wide variety of acute mental health problems, including suicide attempts, family conflicts, chemical abuse, death, and trauma resulting from violence.
- Provides mental health services at locations and times appropriate to the specialized needs of the catchment’s area population; i.e., utilizes the home visit as an effective method for responding to the mental health needs of an individual or family and as a method of outreach to the community.
- Provides case management and case identification services according to the current Behavioral Health Division standards.
- Provides consultation to a wide variety of staff, including physician, nurses, public health nurses, pharmacists, and other health care staff regarding mental health related problems in a two-way process, considering available resources and exploring alternative plans for resolution of the problems.
- Provides community education, consultation, and prevention services; which involve mobilizing community and cultural resources to both treat and prevent mental health problems. Works to develop a Behavioral Health Division in which the staff functions as a team.
- Conducts peer reviews, case reviews and assists in quality assurance processes in order to ensure a high quality of mental health services.
- Maintains all appropriate client records according to established program standards and fulfills PCC reporting requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- Must be a licensed PhD/PsyD in Clinical Psychology.
- Must have knowledge of local Indian history, culture, and basic institutions, and communication style of the people.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of the full position description for full details.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Shonda Bolen, Tribal Health Department – (406) 675-2700 Ext. 5032
|File name||Supervisory Clinical Psychologist 8.17.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||08/17/2017 11:32 AM|
|Last modified on||08/17/2017 11:33 AM|