CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
Website Address: www.csktribes.org
****R E – A D V E R T I S E D****
TITLE: Tribal Health Department Head
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
St. Ignatius, MT.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
SALARY: $48.67 to $54.58 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- As a member of key management staff incumbent may be required to participate in: development and recommendation to the Tribal council of annual Tribal government priorities; review, discussion and recommendations for revision of operational policies; development and recommendation of both long-range and short-term plans designed to produce the most efficient and profitable results attainable for the Tribes ensuring compliance with Tribal Council's philosophy and mission; recommendation of Tribal Health Department annual goals and objectives; review and recommendation for improvement of the Tribal organization structure; positive public relations in the communities on the Reservation, in the State of Montana, and at the national level; and, fostering and maintaining a productive teamwork effort with the Management Staff and the Tribal staff to further the attainment of the Tribal Council directed philosophy, mission and goals.
- The incumbent may be directed to: serve as a member of a negotiation team for federal and/or state agreements; serve on local, state, regional or national committees or task forces.
- Provides leadership, direction and administration with continual monitoring of all aspects of the Tribal Health Department insuring compliance with the Tribal Council's goals, objectives and priorities for providing quality, economical health care services. Plans and organizes work activities of the department using sound management practices and traditional principles and values to efficiently and cost effectively accomplish the approved goals, objectives and priorities.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of the Tribal Council approved Department budget, overseeing expenditure of funds and insuring fiscal accountability. Leads the Department in the implementation of key initiatives approved by the Tribal Council for reorganization to meet the financial management of the Department.
- Coordinates the Department's effort to secure both short term and long-range grants for increased funding for health care services. Directs the Tribal Health Department’s annual work plan process and strategic planning to meet Tribal Council goals and obj Meets all assigned functions and deadlines related to this task
- Ensure compliance with Tribal ordinances, policies, procedures and directives and with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery. Ensures all deadlines are met.
- Inform and advise the Tribal Council regarding current issues and trends in health care in order to help facilitate policy adjustments.
- Directs and supervises the Department operations through competent administration of personnel, budget, and programs. Provides leadership to supervisory personnel in determining staffing needs (within availability of funds), standards of performance and productivity, establishment of meaningful position descriptions, and conflict resolution. Evaluates competence of work force and make changes as necessary with approval of the Tribal Council. Seeks to maintain high employee morale and a professional, healthful atmosphere and environment in the Department. Applies Tribal personnel policy and procedures in carrying out personnel actions throughout the department; oversees fair and impartial application of personnel policies. Mediates conflicts within the Department.
- Ensure departmental compliance with State, Federal and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations pertaining to health care organizations, as well as accreditation requirements.
- Represents the Department before the Tribal Council and in the Department relationships with other health agencies, organizations, groups, providers and third party payers. Provides accurate information, sound professional advice and thoroughly researched recommendations to the Tribal Council.
- The incumbent will serve as a role model for Tribal staff providing quality customer service delivery and providing a productive and positive work environment.
- Lead and coordinate development of strategies for active recruitment, development and retention of high-quality professional clinical staff.
- Fosters a workplace that results in development, growth and retention of high-performing senior leadership team.
- Ensure the department implements, follows and maintains ongoing quality assurance and quality improvement plans.
- Develops and maintains a culture of quality care rooted in Tribal values ensuring that all employees are valued and demonstrate competency in their professional field as well as sincere interest in Tribal priorities and customs.
- Ensure quality customer service delivery at all times within the Department.
- Provides effective communication and public relations with eligible tribal members in the communities with regard to health care services and the importance of third party reimbursements.
- Consults with and advises managers on a regular basis. Maintains internal Department communications by conducting periodic staff meetings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in Health related field preferred. Ten years in a management related capacity with at least five (5) years of experience equivalent to CSKT Department Head. Health Care management experience preferred.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request copy of position description for desirable qualifications.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Certified copy of transcripts and/or training certificates.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if not enrolled with CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Shonda Bolen at THD 406-745-3525 Ext. #5032.