|Name||Physical Therapist – Exempt Position|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Physical Therapist – Exempt Position
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
Polson Health Clinics
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
CLOSING DATE: March 23, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- The Physical Therapist position provides direct patient care and participates in providing comprehensive health care services to the community including prevention and education. The position also provides assistance to other clinical staff or programs to insure compliance with established regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and diagnose physical therapy health related to conditions of individuals presenting themselves for care; refer individuals for consultation when appropriate; provide appropriate physical therapy treatment in conformance with approved clinical privileges.
- Perform professional assessment of evaluated findings; develop goals and treatment plans for patient care; implements appropriate treatment based on individual patient needs; reevaluates patient condition, including progression and digression, as appropriate for care and alter treatment as necessary in an out- patient setting comprised of patient spanning life cycle with a wide variety of complex injuries and illnesses.
- Educate individuals in the nature of health related conditions and available services as applicable to the scope of physical therapy practice, recommended therapy, and the general promotion of health and prevention of illness/disease.
- Record patient provider transactions and completes required consults necessary for patient care via the Electronic Health Record (of PCC forms in the event electronic records are unavailable).
- Exchanges patient medical information and other technical information that requires tact, judgment, and sensitivity.
- Participates in department and program development, extended programs and quality improvement assessment as required.
- Comply with all department and service policy and procedures as required.
- Comply with all licensure and continuing education requirements for legal practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, Masters in Physical Therapy (MSPT or MPT) OR a Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from an accredited Physical Therapy school.
- Must be certified or be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training.
- Must possess an active license to practice medicine in the United States.
- Must possess or be eligible for a valid driver’s license.
- This position is subject to a background check in accordance with Public Law 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of position description for full details.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Certified copy of academic transcript.
3. Copy of a current physical therapy license and CPR/First aid certification.
4. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if not from CSKT.
5. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact S. Kevin Howlett, Tribal Health Department Head at (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5026.
|File name||THHSPhysicalTherapist 3.1.17.pdf|
|File type||pdf (Mime type application/pdf)|
|Date added||03/01/2017 02:35 PM|
|Last modified on||03/01/2017 04:16 PM|