||CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: X-Ray Technician
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
SALARY: Negotiable – Exempt position
CLOSING DATE: Thursday February 1, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The X-Ray Tech is a medical professional who performs diagnostic testing with standard digital x-ray equipment to obtain useful diagnostic images and details that assist medical clinicians and nursing staff in developing appropriate treatments for patients in a Tribal Health (TH) medical clinic setting. The technologist manipulates x-ray equipment and images to take internal pictures of the body so that diseases, conditions or injury can be visualized and diagnosed by physicians and mid-level providers.
• Prepares the patient for the test and positions the device for the imaging procedure.
• Loads, operates and maintains the equipment.
• Exercises precision as the device and patient must be in exactly the right position to get successful images.
• Operates standard digital x-ray equipment and generates the image requested while maintaining consistent contact and dialogue with the patient.
• Uploads digital images to the PACS system for formal reading by contracted radiologist.
• Responsible for communication with contracted radiology department to ensure appropriate documentation, orders and signatures are obtained and transmitted.
• Responsible for entering imaging reports into the TH electronic record from contracted radiology department.
• Assists with stocking of medical clinic exam rooms including checking for outdated supplies, inventory and order of medical clinic supplies.
• Provides back-up coverage for medical clinic office manager and other TH staff as needed.
• Assists Care Coordinator and Tribal Health Paid Care with referral management and quality assurance activities.
• Assists Nursing staff and other Tribal Health Divisions with event planning, projects, and tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION:
- Associates of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology Degree
- Must possess a Montana State Radiology Technologist License.
- Must have at least 1 year verified successful experience working in a clinic setting.
- Current state licensure.
- Must maintain proper licensure/certification and registration; if required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must participate in and support HIPAA training, as needed and required.
- Must adhere to CSKT social media policy and other CSKT Tribal policies regarding professional conduct.
- Must participate in pre-hire drug test and random drug tests thereafter, if required.
1. Completed Tribal employment application.
2. Copy of academic transcript.
3. Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
4. Proof of a current state licensure.
5. Copy of driver’s license.
6. Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if not from CSKT.
7. If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Shonda Bolen at THD (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5032