Download directly from our server :
Size: 27.95 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Maintenance Department – Pablo, MT
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 24, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test. The successful applicant with be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
This is an Administrative position, responsible for the administrative phases of construction projects, special projects, and M & I, and personnel records within the Facilities Maintenance Program. Assists the Program Manager in establishing a higher level of monitoring of facilities, construction, and personnel management.
Specific duties include:
- Type Project Instructions and Outline Specifications; then submit these to the Indian Preference Office.
- Advertise Projects to be bid Prepare bid packages, and send these to General Contractors who are on the Indian Preference List.
- Maintain a list of Contractors who were solicited for Projects. Contact Contractors who were
- awarded Contracts.
- Prepare all Contracts. Insuring all necessary documents and signatures are obtained before routing to the Office of Administration & Budgets.
- Coordinate with the Central Accounting Manager to obtain the "Accounts Receivable Construction in Progress" Account number.
- Create a computerized checklist form to ensure all steps are being performed in the correct manner for Construction Projects.
- Prepare Contract Modification requests in accordance with Tribal Policies and Procedures when services are expected to exceed budgeted amount, or the Term of the Agreement is ready to expire.
- Setup and maintain an accurate record of each Contract's expiration date, and budgeted amount
- Once the budget has been established, create a computerized accounting system to keep track of all expenditures of each Project.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions for Project expenditures. Post to the assigned account number.
- Create and maintain a separate file for each Project, which will contain copies of all contracts, change orders, plans, costs, and other documents related to the Project.
- Prepare budget worksheets for the Facilities O& M Program and submit these to the Office of Administrative Services.
- Create a computerized accounting system to keep track of the M & I account and all of the expenditures incurred.
- Reconcile all accounts via monthly expenditure reports generated by the Contracts and Grants Office . Prepare monthly certifications to verify that all accounts have been reconciled.
- Maintains timetables of deadlines for the program, including reporting requirements; notify program Personnel of deadlines upcoming and of documents or actions required of them.
- Research Personnel files for the purpose of maintaining an accurate record of leave accrual and number of hours employees are taking per fiscal year, also to maintain a history of injuries that are work related or sustained outside of the work place, so the Managers can review and make better assessments in regards to type of action to be taken.
- Prepare all Performance Appraisal Forms for Maintenance staff and submit these to the Supervisor for evaluation. Make necessary copies of signed evaluations for Personnel file. Prepare the Personnel Action Forms and submit these to the Department Head for signature.
- Prepares disciplinary action letters and memo's for the Facilities Manager's signature; and prepares the Personnel Action Forms accompanied with the letter or memo to be submitted to the Department Head for signature.
- Prepares updated position descriptions for the Program Managers to review and act upon.
- Prepares travel arrangements for the Program Staff.
- Maintains unofficial confidential personnel files for all employees in the Program.
- Sets up and maintains chronological files for the Program.
- Attends meetings as a Program representative as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Operates computer daily, as well as other office equipment including typewriters, electronic calculators, fax machines, and copy machines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
Associate degree in Business or Secretarial Science with experience in office management/administration, bookkeeping, document processing, and record keeping, or High School diploma or GED with four years of experience in office management/administration or a combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Montana Driver's License.
• Prefer experience with the CS& KTribalGovernment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
• Knowledge of Tribal Government policies regarding personnel management, procurement and property procedures, and accounting management.
• Skill in operating a variety of office equipment
• Ability to make independent decisions on a variety of complex decisions.
1. Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
2. Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
3. Proof of a valid Montana driver’s license.
4. If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: John Neiss, Facilities Manager @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1055.