Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
**RE-ADVERTISED DUE TO LACK OF APPLICANTS**
TITLE: Allied Health Services Division Director
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
SALARY: Exempt Position - Salary Negotiable
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
Position is not a Testing Designated Position within the definition of the CSKT Drug Free Workplace Policy effective January 1, 1998. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The Allied Health Services Division Director provides administrative management for the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs delegated to the Allied Health Services Division of the Tribal Health organizational structure, as approved by the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribal Council. This includes the health services funded by the Indian Health Service Funding Agreement (FA) through the P.L. 93-638, Title V Self-Governance Compact and may include grants and / or contracts funded by federal, state, local or private entities, while ensuring the goals, objectives, scope of work with deliverables, evaluation and financial requirements are in compliance with CSKT and funding source guidelines.
Duties of the position include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
· Provides leadership for the development and implementation of patient services throughout Allied Health Services Division in TH including but not limited to: physical therapy, optical, speech therapy, audiology, patient travel and patient records management.
· Provides administrative and technical supervision of the staff assigned to the TH Allied Health Services Division, including but not limited to: accurate position descriptions, with appropriate priorities and established deadlines, standards of performance and performance reviews conducted timely and reflecting attendance records, disciplinary actions as appropriate, staff training plans and utilization of staff incentives to ensure retention as needed. The Allied Health Division Director ensures compliance with CSKT Personnel regulations and guidelines.
· Actively participates with the Tribal Health Operations staff to ensure collaboration and appropriate integration of services provided by the Allied Health Services Division, with the services provided throughout Tribal Health.
· Is responsible for the financial management of the programs assigned to the Allied Health Services Division including but not limited to:
· Compliance to CSKT, Tribal Health and other funding sources financial management standards such as procurement policies, capital equipment acquisition and others as identified by CSKT grants and contracts.
· Submission of budgets, compliance with processes for expenditure of funds and monthly financial reporting to CSKT and other funding sources.
· Ensures compliance with internal controls and conflict of interest standards.
· Engages in the Tribal Health, Health and Wellness Committee and ensures the Allied Health Services Division’s participation, coordination and collaboration in the Department’s effort in prevention and intervention. Work with all stakeholder groups to collaborate with Tribal Health for media and outreach activities pertaining to Health and Wellness. This includes developing “branding”, messages and communication strategies to promote health and wellness for the Flathead Nation and the use of social media.
· Engages in the Tribal Health Case Management Committee and ensures the Allied Health Division’s participation, coordination and collaboration in the Department’s effort to coordinate care for TH recipients including but not limited to high cost / high utilization recipients, hospitalized recipients with a focus on discharge planning and coordinating follow-up care, frequent users of urgent care, maternal child health care and TH recipients with chronic illness including but not limited to cancer, hypertension, diabetes.
· Ensures Allied Health Services Division’s staff fully utilizes the TH Electronic Health Record, including timely and accurate recording of patient healthcare service by each provider for each service provided, ensures deficiencies are remedied as required and complies other requirements as defined by the TH Revenue and Resources Division.
· Ensures Allied Health Services Division’s staff complies with TH requirements for patient registration and healthcare resources.
· Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
· Master degree in a health related field or health administration, with 5 years experience. Or Bachelor’s degree in a health related field such as nursing or health administration, with 10 years administrative experience, which must include supervision of employees, managing multiple budgets, grant management and writing reports.
· Must have professional experience in developing, implementing and evaluating health prevention, intervention and healthcare treatment services according to best practices for Native Americans, in public health.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Shonda Bolen, Tribal Health Department – (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5032