Download directly from our server :
Size: 17.96 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Assistant Center Nurse
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corp – Ronan, MT
(May be employed under contract)
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test.
- Give emergency care and treatment to students and staff in accordance with Health Standing Orders of Job Corps.
- Give medical care following physical and PRH orders.
- Have knowledge of injuries and/or materials.
- Able to administer First Aid, antidotes.
- Able to evaluate for treatment and perform necessary nursing procedures.
- Assists with daily sick call for students.
- Assist in conducting cursory examination and obtain a medical history on all incoming enrollees which include the following: Report any communicable ill student to center physician.
- Perform eye examination with Snell Chart, Jeager Chart.
- Perform Ishihara’s test for color blindness, blood pressure, hearing test, UA dipstick, draw blood, give immunizations, and tuberculosis (PPD) test, and help collect UA samples for drug testing.
- Perform pregnancy test on all incoming women enrollees.
- Assist in making arrangements for diagnostic studies with proper facilities under contract physician guidance.
- Properly package all laboratory specimens for transport to appropriate labs.
- Make arrangements for preoperative, postoperative care under center nurse, physician guidance, or other professional personnel.
- Identify, review, and file labs and x-ray reports.
- Assist in maintaining Individual medical records on all students, using SOAP Notes and charting.
- Coordinate clinic/dental scheduling of student medical appointments in coordination with supervisor to be in compliance with Department of Labor policy (PRH).
- Communicates regularly to enhance follow-up care for on-going health concerns of specific students.
- Assist the Health & Wellness Manager in coordinating all medical requirements of the Dept. of Labor.
- Assist Health & Wellness Manager in requisitioning medical supplies and inventories all supplies monthly for accountability purposes. Accountable for maintenance of equipment in the dispensary.
- Will assist the Health & Wellness Manager in instructional duties with the Education Department in teaching the Health Education program. Will give assistance in providing health education services to staff and students. Will assist with education to students on various health conditions, medication information, prenatal care, STD’s, HIV, etc. as required by the PRH.
- Financial Reports.
- Log of medical terminations.
- Job Corps Health Services Utilization Summary.
- Program Descriptive of Time.
- Updating standing orders and obtaining appropriate signatures.
- See full position description.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse license from the Montana State Board of Nursing or eligible to transfer license from state to state within 90 days. A yearly license renewal is required on or before January 1st of each year.
- Must accept responsibility for independent application so the highest standards of professional skill to meet all situations.
- Must possess a valid Montana class D license.
- Must be able and willing to be vaccinated for Hepatitis B.
- Must obtain a current First Aid/CPR card.
- Must have working knowledge of computer operations.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- See full position description.
- Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
- Competed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214.
- Copy of a valid Registered Nurse license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo., Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Bonnie Campbell @ 675.2700, ext. 6320, or John Wheeler, KHJC Center Director @ 675-2700, ext. 6307.