Download directly from our server :
Size: 170.41 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Basic Education/HSE (High School Equivalency) Instructor
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corp - Ronan, MT
SALARY: $16.98 to $19.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
- Instruct under the curriculum guidelines of Job Corps ensuring that techniques and methods of instruction produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Represent the Education Department as a member of the Evaluation of Student Progress Team (ESP) for assigned trade(s). This includes compiling scores from each of the student’s assigned classes, meeting with students to review their evaluation, entering these scores into CIS, delivering a hard copy to the counselor assigned to the team in the required timeframe, and attending the ESP meetings when scheduled every seven weeks.
- Responsible for documentation of accountability through CIS: student attendance, student conduct, and student participation through case notes.
- Ensure classroom environment for positive learning atmosphere, in regards to cleanliness and orderliness.
- Responsible for all inventory of assigned classroom.
- Assist in revisions of educational program when needed.
- Responsible for integration of educational/CTT skills to educational program. Implement “Applied Academics” each and every chance the instructor has the opportunity within the training day. Instructor is responsible for showing the relationship between education and career technical training. Instructor must be able to show “real-world” academic/CTT applications within their subject matter. Instructor will maintain communication with CTT instructors to enhance the curriculum in both areas.
- Responsible for: preparing students for HiSET and identifying when they are ready for exams; working with HiSET Proctor to develop testing schedule and schedule students for tests; provide a list of HiSET testers to all departments; obtain scores from proctor; record test results in the CIS database; maintain records of student testing; and facilitate recognition of HiSET completion.
- Responsible for instruction for High School Diploma to include: arranging tor Two Eagle River High School (TRS) assessment of previous High School transcript or communicating with MT school districts regarding graduation requirements for individual students; scheduling students for the HSD program; administering of the Math competency test; providing assistance and instruction for the required
research paper; and maintaining the appropriate documentation needed for transcripts and high school records.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Responsible for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a BS/BA degree and a current Class1 and Class2 Montana Secondary Teaching Certificate. This certification must be maintained.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Understanding of curriculum and appropriate instructional methods and must be computer literate.
- Must possess educational teaching skill, which includes relationship building, communication, evaluation, implementation, documentation, large and small group instruction, and audiovisual operation.
- Must be able to implement teaching methods to produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Must be able to work with socially, economically disadvantaged youth.
- Must be able to do problem solving and troubleshooting on all equipment assigned.
- Must have computer skills to include Microsoft applications, as well as web-based programs to include all Job Corps related sites and School Dude.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal, written, and electronic form.
- Be able to provide learning activities to capture the interests and enthusiasm of such students.
- Teacher must be actively and personally involved in understanding the academic needs, behavior patterns, emotional responses, and personal problems that distinguishes each student.
- Must maintain appropriate credentialing required for the position.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- If claiming Veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Tribal enrollment verification if enrolled in a federally recognized other than CSKT.
- Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Arlene Bigby, Center Director of Kicking Horse Job Corp @ 675-2700, ext. 6301.