Download directly from our server :
Size: 136.12 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: ECS Bus Driver
Schedule will vary
LOCATION: Early Childhood Services – St. Ignatius, MT
SALARY: $ 15.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and is subject to random testing during employment.
The ECS Bus Driver has the primary responsibility for ensuring the safety and welfare of the children, staff and volunteers during bus transportation to and from the ECS Center(s) and on field trips. It is also the role of the ECS Bus Driver to guarantee that the bus is clean and in proper working condition at all times, determine and follow safe and efficient bus routes; to ensure all children are in age appropriate child safety restraints; to assist in ensuring child/staff ratio is maintained on the bus; to train and provide day to day guidance to the Bus Monitors; to maintain all transportation records required by the program; to ensure bus evacuation drills are held every two months; and to evacuate children in case of emergency.
Prepares bus before transporting:
- Completes a comprehensive written pre-trip inspection of the bus daily, reporting any conditions of concern to the Facilities/Transportation Coordinator before transporting any children.
- Ensures that the cell phone is charged and in proper working order before each trip.
- Ensures that the bus always has sufficient fuel.
- In consultation with the Facilities/Transportation Coordinator, develops and follows efficient and safe written bus routes that ensure no child will be on the bus more than one hour.
- With the center teaching staff, identifies those persons authorized by the parents/guardians to receive the children. Delivers children only to the authorized persons.
Ensures the safety and well-being of the children and adults being transported to and from the ECS Centers, program activities, and field trips:
- Operates bus in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed. Reports any traffic violations to the Facilities/Transportation Coordinator and the ECS Director immediately.
- With the assistance of the Bus Monitors, follows safe bus loading and unloading procedures.
- With the assistance of the Bus Monitors, ensures all children are in age appropriate child safety restraints at all times during transportation.
- Delivers children only to the authorized persons.
- Follows procedures to guarantee no child is left alone on the bus without adult supervision at any time. Driver or monitor walks the length of the inside of the bus at the end of each route to ensure all children are off the bus.
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to written and practiced procedures.
- In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required.
Maintains bus in good working order:
- Keeps the bus clean and free of debris; follows other bus cleaning procedures.
- Routinely inventories bus emergency and first aid supplies and equipment; reports needs to the Facilities/Transportation Coordinator and Health Services Coordinator.
Carries out bus evacuation drills and participates in other trainings:
- Provide training and day to day guidance to the Bus Monitors.
- Prepares Bus Monitors, teaching staff, and children for bus drills and ensures bus evacuation drills are held at least every 2 months. Documents all drills in writing.
- Assists on other transportation and pedestrian safety training of bus monitors, teachers, children, families, and volunteers as needed.
- Attends and participates in ESC pre-service and in-service trainings.
- The incumbent is a mandatory reporter of observed or suspected child abuse and neglect. Must properly report and document any incidents.
- Travel throughout the reservation and to state and out-of-state locations for training and meeting purposes is a requirement of this position.
- Attends mandated training and meetings and seeks out professional development opportunities for self.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
· Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED.
· Must have a current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) at time of hire. Possess and maintain a current Montana Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribes’ fleet policy.
· Must have 2 years of bus driving experience.
· Must pass drug test, background check and fingerprinting, (no violence against children or individuals, no domestic violence, no sexual abuse or violent acts against children or any person) upon hire and every 2 years thereafter: subject to random drug testing through the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes Personnel Department.
· Current physical exam or ability to obtain physical exam upon hire.
· Current on required immunizations or ability to become current upon hire.
· Verification of recent TB screening or ability to complete the required screen.
- Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
- Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Jeanne Christopher, ECS Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 5513.