Download directly from our server :
Size: 370.23 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
* * * V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T * * *
TITLE: Child Support Enforcement Attorney
LOCATION: Tribal Prosecutor’s Office
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test.
- Works under the direction and guidance of the Managing Attorney of the Tribal Prosecutor’s office.
- Provides technical and legal assistance to TCSEP staff, Tribal Prosecutor’s office, and Tribal Court with regard to State, Federal and Tribal policies and regulations; including Tribal Law and Order and CS&KT Tribal Code.
- Will conduct various types of communications with Federal, State and local government agencies, and with private corporations, firms, or individuals in carrying out an authorized assignment, in conformity with practices necessary to properly conduct legal business and to testify on behalf of the Tribes at such public hearings as may be deemed necessary to perform the duties assigned.Duties Continued
- Position will act as legal counsel for and on behalf of the Tribes in Tribal Court proceedings.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of Montana. If not admitted, must become admitted within six (6) months of hire to maintain employment.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Required specialized knowledge acquired through intensive academic preparation at college level and/or legal educational institution.
- Knowledge of general legal principles, child support enforcement and procedures, court procedures, law enforcement, Federal and Tribal court forum.
- Must have the ability to compose legal materials, conduct legal research.
- Must have the ability to present cases in the Tribal Court forum independently; knowledge of the social and cultural lifestyles of the reservation community; knowledge of legal research methods.
- Skills in oral and written communication; skill in computer operation for drafting and work processing purposes; courtroom skills.SUBMIT:
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application.)
- Copies of relevant licenses, academic transcripts and relevant training certificates.
- Provide a writing sample.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo, MT 59855, 406.675.2700, ext. 1259.FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Jim Taylor, Managing Attorney, Tribal Prosecutors Office @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1176