Download directly from our server :
Size: 457.06 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406.675.2711
TITLE: CTT Instructor – Heavy Equipment Operator
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $16.98 to $19.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a six-month probationary period.
- Instruct under the curriculum guidelines of Job Corps ensuring that techniques and methods of instruction produce maximum efficiency of learning.
- Assist in revisions of program when necessary and keep CIT Coordinator and CTT Director posted on progress of training and needed resources.
- Participate on guidance team with duties to include: current training achievement records, career technical training counseling, reporting career technical training progress, and assessing individual student needs.
- Perform duties on the Evaluation of Student Progress team to include updating Evaluation of Student Progress, student scheduling to meet the evaluation cycle, assessment and documentation of electronic training achievement records, evaluating career technical training criteria for graduation, securing documentation of training to Director of Career Technical Training for Career Readiness and Career Transitional Services.
- Responsible for student accountability: daily attendance, student conduct, student participation, reporting of special incidents and assigned equipment.
- Maintain Center Information System responsibilities for students assigned, to include: Attendance, Case Notes, Student Conduct, and Electronic Training Achievement Record.
- Responsible for teaching environment to be a positive learning atmosphere. This involves the safety and orderliness of classroom, job site, and training area.
- Responsible for student welfare; to include safety procedures, clothing, equipment, and safety training.
- Responsible for reporting monthly mileage of GSA vehicle assigned to CIT Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Responsible for contributing vocational information to the integration of educational/CTT program (Applied Academics).
- Contribute to the planning and executing of Career Technical Skills Training Projects; Maintain the Job Corps expectations and requirements as outlined in the Job Corps' Electronic Policy and Requirements (EPRH) Handbook.
- Coordinate center snow removal with maintenance department.
- Work irregular hours when required.
- Perform all other work-related duties.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent. Must have five years' experience in operation of Heavy Equipment to include: crawler tractor, backhoe, front end loader, scraper, road grader, and 5 yd — 12 yd dump trucks or be a graduate of a two (2) year accredited Heavy Equipment Program with three years' experience in one or a combination of these areas.
- Possess a Montana Class 4 Educators License or be certified by a professional trade organization, and maintain it.
- Must possess CTT/educational teaching skills which includes: relationship building, communication, evaluation, implementation, documentation, large and small group instruction, and audio-visual operation. Must be able to do problem solving and troubleshooting on all equipment assigned. Must have computer skills to include Microsoft Applications, as well as web based programs to include all Job Corps related sites and School Dude.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Montana Class A License.
- Must be able to acquire First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
- This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) in compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Must possess a Montana Educators License, be certified or accredited in the State of Montana, or accredited by a professional trade organization; or be able to attain the previous listed licensure within 60 days of hire; and maintain it.
Request a copy of the position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of current valid driver's license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized tribe if other than CSKT.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
- Completed supplemental background questionnaire.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Arlene Bigby, Center Director of KHJC @ 406.675.2700, ext. 6301.