Download directly from our server :
Size: 149.53 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
********V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T********
TITLE: Chemical Dependency Counselor - 1 or more
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department-St. Ignatius
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Provide intake, assessment services, individual and psycho-educational groups to clientele who are referred to the Tribal Behavioral Health Program.
- Provides individual and group chemical dependency treatment to clientele.
- Provides assessment, evaluation, treatment and referral services according to established program standards and procedures.
- Administers and interprets chemical dependency assessment and interprets findings to staff and participates in formulating individual treatment programs. Total amount of time spent in evaluation is regulated by clientele’s clinical treatment needs.
- Provides intake and referral services at locations and times appropriate to the specialized needs of the catchments area population; i.e., utilizes the home visit as an effective method for responding to the chemical dependency needs of an individual or family and as a method of outreach to the community.
- Provides case management and case identification services according to the current Behavioral Health Program standards.
- Consults within the Reservation to a wide variety of staff, including Tribal Legal Department, physicians, nurses, public health nurses, pharmacists, and other health care staff regarding Chemical Dependency related problems in a two-way process, assessing the dimension of problems or issues, considering available resources, and exploring alternative plans for resolution of the problems.
- Maintains all appropriate client records according to established program standards and fulfills Behavioral Health reporting requirements.
- Is available for on-call services.
- Provides psycho-educational groups to individuals as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must be a licensed chemical dependency counselor by the state of Montana or able to become licensed within six (6) months of being hired.
- Must possess one (1) year experience providing clinical services in the Chemical Dependency field.
- Must have professional knowledge of chemical dependency theories, principles and practices.
- Must possess knowledge of local Indian history, cultural, and basic institutions, and communication style of the people.
- Must pass a complete background investigation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of the position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcript.
- Copy of current licensure.
- Copy of driver’s license.
- Completed background supplemental questionnaire.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if not from CSKT.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 ext. 1043 or 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Shonda Bolen, THD @ 406-745-3525 Ext. 5032