Download directly from our server :
Size: 22.37 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Community Groundskeeper
LOCATION: Salish Kootenai Housing Authority – Pablo, MT
SALARY: $11.68 - $13.55 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 24, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary.
- This position is an integral part of the Maintenance Department and consists of work to provide technical and skilled custodial, grounds and minor maintenance functions in and around the Salish & Kootenai Housing Authority office buildings and sites. Duties include the following:
- Performs complex and routine maintenance repair work in the field of ground maintenance, carpentry, equipment and machinery operating and repair. Minor carpentry repair, concrete construction, and assisting individuals with handicap special needs.
- Mowing, weed eating and irrigating lawns with some landscaping duties.
- Removal of snow with snow plows and other snow removal equipment from all housing senior citizen’s areas, clustered home sites and other areas as designated by supervisor.
- Monitor recreation areas during the winter months, being alert to maintenance needs. Perform preventative maintenance on playground equipment, make repairs and re-painting when necessary.
- Cleaning of home sites, sweeping of all parking lots with street sweeper and other street and sidewalk cleaning equipment and repairing gravel driveways as needed.
- Maintain all equipment including dump trucks, industrial mowers, commercial street sweepers, snow removal equipment and lawn mowing equipment.
- Responsible for inventory of tools, equipment, supplies and materials used to perform duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all non-dwelling units.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with minor housing repairs as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must have High School diploma or G.E.D with experience in the operation of all equipment used in the course of the duties.
- Knowledge of power and lawn mower operations and maintenance practices.
- Primary and specialized skills in the operation and maintenance of all equipment used in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s license with no alcohol related convictions for the last three years. Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License if requested.
1. Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
2. Copies of relevant official academic transcripts and training certificates.
3. If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
4. Proof of a valid driver’s license.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Sid Shourds, Maintenance Manager @ 406.675.2700, ext. 1556.