Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Community Health RN - 1 or more
LOCATION: Tribal Health Department
SALARY: Exempt Position – Salary Negotiable
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
Position is a Testing Designated Position within the definition of the CSKT Drug Free Workplace Policy effective January 1, 1998. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
Provides nursing services to individuals, families, and communities in assigned geographic area, including: nursing assessment; screening and monitoring such as blood pressure, blood glucose, patient education, disease monitoring, referral, and motivation. Emphasis is on health promotion and disease prevention. Major service areas, including: elder care, maternal child health, including pregnant women, newborns, children, family planning counseling; communicable disease control; diabetes; immunizations for children and adults; chronic disease follow up, and post-op/hospital discharge care.
Duties of the position include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
· Health education and patient teaching regarding current conditions, medications,
· Assists patients to access appropriate health/medical services and makes referrals to physicians, counselors, emergency rooms, home health agencies, fitness centers, other tribal departments, transportation services, etc.
· Advocates for patients with health care providers outside of Tribal Health.
· Encourages patients to follow their health care provider's recommendations, motivates patients to participate in healthy activities such as proper diet and exercise.
· Coordinates case conferences so all agencies involved can plan for the patient's
continuity of care.
· Is aware of THD Contract Health Care policies in order to steer patients to those providers and vendors with whom THD has a contract.
· Conducts epidemiological investigations during communicable disease outbreaks and coordinates these activities with the County and State "epi" staff as indicated.
· Supervises community health professional staff; which includes the following positions: Community Health Representative, and Secretary. Is responsible for overall supervision, orientation, continuing education, and evaluation of assigned staff.
· Provides consultation to reservation Head Start Centers on immunization and child health matters.
· Participates in service training programs and continuing education activates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
· At least one (1) year of Public Health Nursing experience
· One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
· Must adhere to Tribal Resolutions# 94-74 and# 06-48 regarding employee conflict of interest and employee standards of conduct for Tribal employees.
· Must meet all annual training and system requirements to maintain access to required computer systems.
· Must maintain proper licensure/certification and registration; if required.
· Must participate in and support HIPAA training, as needed and required.
· Must adhere to CSKT social media policy and other CSKT Tribal policies regarding professional conduct.
· Must participate in pre-hire drug test and random drug tests thereafter, if required.
· Must pass a background and suitability check according to Public Law 101-630; the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
· Must adhere to all Tribal Health directives and policies.
· Valid State of Montana Driver’s License.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. #1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Shonda Bolen, Tribal Health Department – (406) 675-2700 Ext. #5032