Download directly from our server :
Size: 185.26 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Construction Inspector
LOCATION: Salish Kootenai Housing Authority
SALARY: $20.50 to $23.85 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, June 28th, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
- Assist in the operation of the Sanitation Facilities Construction Program on the Flathead Indian Reservation by working in conjunction and through coordinated efforts with the Project Engineer.
- Inspect the Sanitary Facilities Construction project activities consisting of individual and community water supply systems, wastewater disposal systems. Supervises and schedules construction crews, in construction project activities. Implement changes in construction workflow, and schedule to reflect changing priorities. Assigns all construction workloads and makes adjustments in order to utilize resources. Review work to assure high quality, acceptable cost and accomplishment of program goals.
- Assist in gathering information for and preparation of environmental reviews. Input field data to the web based Sanitation Tracking and Reporting System, "wSTARS I' of Indian Health Service. Data required for tracking and prioritizing projects and needs related to sanitation of all media types i.e.; water, wastewater, and solid waste. Work with Navision, the SKHA accounting and resource tracking software system.
- Perform Environmental Reviews following national Environmental Policy Act. "NEPA 'I guidelines.
- Perform site surveys, which include right of way locations, identification of property ownership, percolation tests, preliminary site drawing, and sanitation facility locations.
- Maintains a daily inspection log detailing all construction activities which include, but are not limited to: site conditions, material utilization, contractor and construction crew compliance with specifications and drawings, work schedules, weather conditions, technical problems, encountered, recommended solutions to problems and estimated completion dates.
- Interpret specifications and drawings. In the event, of contractual dispute, provides the Project Engineer a full and detailed report concerning all background information, history and possible solutions to resolve the dispute.
- Provides technical assistance to Tribal entities/individuals engaged in operation, maintenance and repair of water and sanitary facilities.
- Provide technical assistance regarding water, sewage disposal systems as they relate to housing and community development.
- Collect bacteriological and chemical water supply samples as required by the Project Engineer.
- Completes required monthly documentation.
- In the absence of the Project Engineer, carries out the pertinent duties within capabilities.
- Must perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM RECRUITING QUALIFICATIONS AS REFLECTED ON TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION:
- The incumbent is required to possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years of construction and construction inspection experience or training or a combination of both.
- The incumbent will have knowledge of the environmental assessment process.
- Must possess competence with software typically used in an office environment and possess the ability to learn new computer applications.
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous tasks in adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess a current valid Montana Driver's license and have no alcohol related convictions within the past three years.
- Request a position description for full details.
- A completed Tribal employment application.
- A copy of relevant academic transcript.
- A copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, Telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Bud Gillin, Salish Kootenai Housing Authority at 406-675-2700 Ext. #1532