Download directly from our server :
Size: 117.84 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Deputy Prosecutor – Contract position
LOCATION: Prosecutor’s Office – Pablo, MT
SALARY: $18.70 to $21.74 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, June 28, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and the will serve a six-month probationary period.
- Represent the Tribes in Criminal and juvenile matters in the Tribal Court or Tribal Court alternative dispute mechanisms;
- Represent Tribal Juvenile Probation Offices in all matters arising from the agency in the Tribal or Tribal Court alternative dispute resolution mechanisms;
- Represent all other Tribal interests routinely litigated in Tribal Court;
- Complete all legal assignments designated by the Tribal Council;
- Compose legal materials, conduct legal research, and effectively conduct interviews with victims, legal professionals and other interested parties in criminal, civil, juvenile, and child protection matters arising from duties assigned;
- Incumbent will conduct various types of communications with Federal, State, and local government agencies, and with private corporations, firms, or individuals in carrying out an authorized assignment, in conformity with practices necessary to properly conduct legal business and to testify on behalf of the Tribes at such public hearings as may be deemed necessary to perform the duties assigned;
- Incumbent will act as legal counsel for and on behalf of the Tribes in Tribal Court proceedings, but may be required to appear as such before other courts, tribunals, departments, agencies and committees of Congress and the State Legislatures as requested by the Tribal Council.
- Complete any other actions necessary to carry out Tribal Council assignments to the Tribal Prosecutor’s Office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Requires specialized knowledge acquired through intensive academic preparation at college level and/or legal educational institution. College degree is preferred, but extensive on the job experience and/or training may be substituted for educational requirements if it can be shown that the individual has worked in the legal field for an extended length of time to gain comprehensive experience in the general work described.
- Must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a six-month probationary period.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Must have knowledge of general legal principles, criminal law and procedures, court procedures, law enforcement procedures, Federal law, Tribal Court and Indian law.
- Must have knowledge of the social and cultural lifestyles of the reservation community.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and make arguments and presentations before the Tribal Court forum.
- Must have the ability to compose legal materials, conduct legal research, and have effective interview techniques
- Must have the ability to present cases in the Tribal Court forum independently.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Legal writing sample must be submitted.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Rhonda Swaney, Managing Attorney @ 675-2700 ext. 1297.