Download directly from our server :
Size: 273.7 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
* * * V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T * * *
TITLE: Director of Financial Management-
Contract (Training period to expire upon official transfer into the position in April 2019)
LOCATION: Office of Financial Management
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, July 12th, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the Tribal Drug Testing Policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed with the Tribes, must pass pre-hire drug testing and serve a mandatory six month probationary period.
The Director of Financial Management is an executive level management position appointed by the Tribal Council to maintain and manage the official financial records and the fiscal management of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. Under the broad policy guidance and direction of the Tribal Council through the Tribal Chairman, the Director functions as a member of the Tribal Council's Executive Team to provide expert guidance, discussion, and recommendations on a variety of issues, topics, initiatives, and programs within the Tribal organization. The Director supervises professional, technical, administrative, and clerical employees assigned to the office.
- Develops and maintains Tribal financial records using the double-entry system of accounting. Observes sound financial and governmental accounting requirements; keeps the system up to date; reviews reports; sets up accounting codes and accounts for programs receiving special grants.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual Tribal budget based upon budgets of previous years, review of Tribal Council actions, input from the Tribal Departments, meetings with the Tribal Council, and availability of funding, with the assistance of the Council's Executive Team.
- Prepares an annual report of estimated income for the fiscal year included in the budgetary process for Tribal Council consideration.
- Prepares and submits to the Tribal Council monthly revenue and expenditure reports on Tribal operations.
- Oversees the receipting of cash for the Tribes, insuring that all funds are accounted for, deposited to the appropriate accounts; coordinating with administrative staff to insure that the Tribes are reimbursed in a timely manner, properly documented, and that federal compliance requirement are met for funds expended within those programs which receive federal funding.
- Maintains an effective cash flow system, which insures that all funds within the possession and control of the Tribes are available for advance when needed and also invested for the greatest possible length of time to insure that the Tribes obtain the maximum earnings on investments. Cash flow is based on estimated income and projections of departmental expense flows including advances, reimbursements, and maturing investments.
- Develops and Oversees the Tribal investment plan to earn the best possible rate of return while insuring that invested funds comply with the approved Tribal Investment Policy and any federal regulations restricting investment of federal funds.
- Reviews Tribal insurance policies, makes recommendations and advises the Tribal Council and departments on insurance issues to insure proper insurance coverage for Tribal assets. Assist with the analysis and review of the Tribal group health insurance policy and makes recommendations when changes are needed.
- Maintains control over issuance of Tribal credit cards, and keeps record of the credit cards issued.
- Responsible for insuring that Tribal employees are accurately compensated in a timely manner.
- Maintains an efficient property and supply procurement system and current inventory of Tribal equipment including official records, titles, and registrations for all Tribal vehicles.
- Responsible for oversight of the management of Tribal Credit Program insuring that the Credit Program is operated within the established Plan of Operations adopted by the Tribal Council.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Tribal IIM Program operated under the Compact Agreement with the Office of the Special Trustee for American Indians.
- Responsible for the development and submittal of the annual Tribal Indirect Cost Recovery proposal.
- Provides information and recommendations to the Tribal Council as requested and performs any duties or tasks assigned by the Tribal Chairman or Tribal Council.
- Serves as an officer of the Tribal Elections and assists with the official duties in each Tribal Election.
- Oversees the development and preparation of manuals, handbooks, guidelines, regulations, rules and other reference materials regarding the Office's functions, services, and activities.
- Performs any other duties as requested or assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
The successful applicant must have the equivalent of at least ten (10) years of successful experience in management-level or executive-level work for a Tribal government or similar organization. Experience must include full responsibility in supervision of technical or higher-level employees; full responsibility in work planning, productivity, and reporting of outcomes; and full responsibility for developing budgets for programs, projects, and activities. The experience must demonstrate an emphasis in financial management, accounting, finance, administration, and personnel management. The experience requirement may be partially met by a bachelor's or higher-level degree in a management-related field.
Must sign acknowledgement of and abide by code of conduct, conflict of interest, and confidentiality agreement on an annual basis.
Ample discipline and experience to link strategy with reality. Align people with goals and provide consistent mentoring and verified measurement to achieve exceptional results.
Discipline to get things done through questioning, analysis and follow through to achieve high quality membership and organizational services in each Tribal Department.
Documented ability to achieve a high level of work output over a sustained period of time.
* Request copy of position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal application.
- Resume- including educational attainment, experience and positions held that relate to management, accounting, investments, finance, credit/lending, insurance, business analysis & fiduciary responsibility.
- Copy of academic transcript.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Department, PO Box 278, Pablo, MT 59855, (406) 675-2700, Ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Vern Clairmont, Director of Financial Management 675-2700, Ext. #1004