Download directly from our server :
Size: 175.83 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Director of Group Life
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corps – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $22.58 to $26.30 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a mandatory six-month probationary.
This position will provide a structure for the Group Life Programs that are directed and managed to create a positive environment in three major professional areas, Counseling, Residential Living and Recreation/Avocation Activities. This will be directed to maximize student potential within specialized Group Life Programs to instill competency based skills for the purpose of gainful employment upon the completion of Job Corps.
Responsible for modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
- Personal and Social Development: direct, manage, and evaluate specific Group Life Programs; instill positive social skills within the four potentials of intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual domains. These programs will consist of the following:
- Evaluation of Student Progress Teams (ESP)
- Behavior Objectives
- Behavior Monitoring Systems
- Incentive Systems
- Group Life Center Teams
- Center Programs
- Career Preparation Period (CPP)
- Program Support: direct, manage, and access needed support to provide necessary service to students and staff.
- Resource Support: direct, manage, major resources to provide necessary and required living environment.
- Budget planning and developing.
- Property procurement
- Facility utilization.
- Accountability and Security Support: director and manage living environment to provide quality of standards.
- Direct student safety and security.
- Coordinate night security and legal enforcement
- Maintain center standards and code of ethics.
- Property and facility accountability.
- Counseling and Developmental Support: direct and manage to provide quality counseling services.
- Evaluation systems center.
- Team assessment
- Mental Health resources
- Regional and Contract Support: direct, manage, and provide evaluation services of Group ̓Life Program areas.
- Implement program and policies
- Evaluation of overall center programs
- Conduct pilot programs as requested
- Development of new programs
- Staff Training and Development: provide staff training for the purpose of upgrading staff qualifications and ensure quality program standards.
- Frequent in-service program training
- Direct and maintain training and scheduling up keep of competency standards
- Evaluate staff capabilities and utilization
- Public Relations: direct and manage specialized community resource development.
- Relate high center standards to at large community
- Represent Kicking Horse in public activities
- Coordinate Group Life Activities with major outside resources
- Maintain center standards with tribal and community organizations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Business Management or Human Resources or related field with a minimum of two years youth service background and two years of supervisory experience.
- Should have a background in recreation, counseling and residential living skills
- Must have administrative capabilities in functions of writing, reporting, and program development.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good working relations with staff and other public officials.
- Must have good communications skills, both orally and in writing, and be able to inspire professional competency.
- This is a Tested Designated Position (TDP) in compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Employee is required to pass a background investigation per PL-101-630.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Proof of a valid driver’s license.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Arlene Bigby, Kicking Horse Job Corp Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 6301