Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
CSKT Website: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Forest Development Program Manager
LOCATION: Tribal Forestry Department - Ronan, MT
SALARY: $27.34 to $31.86 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, July 26, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test.
- Develops program goals for the Program in consultation with the Forest Manager. Independently formulates objective and action plans to achieve goals. Develops formal tracking processes to evaluate program accomplishment and success. Develops and implements remedial action to achieve desired program results.
- Directs and ensures standards are met for tree improvement, forest pest management, special studies, research, reforestation and timer stand improvement activities.
- Prepares reports which accurately reflect program accomplishment, justify program existence and identify additional support as may be required to fulfill the self-governance mission of the Tribes as required.
- Reviews programs practices, implementation, and other program operational procedures for technical adequacy and compliance with policies and standards.
- Coordinates program activities with all resource specialist; ensures effective communication between all resources.
- Maintains liaison with employees of Federal and State governments, local officials, and private organizations or land owners who are affected by, or have an interest in forest development practices. Conducts technology transfer and participates on training cadre as required to improve skills and knowledge within the organization and among the profession.
- Coordinates project preparation (immediate and long range) objectives and plans, and the establishment and scheduling of priorities, with other resource specialist to ensure that they do not conflict with the overall forest development program direction.
- Sets job priorities, develops work schedules and assigns projects to staff on short and long term basis.
- Prepares or assist with the preparation of silvicultural prescriptions for greenhouse and nursery operations, planting, seeding, site preparation, cone collection and processing, timber stand
improvement, genetic tree improvement, forest pest management, and rehabilitation of lodgepole pine stands.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIOINS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 ext. 1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Tony Incashola, Jr., Tribal Forestry Department Head @ 675-2700, ext. 6044.