Download directly from our server :
Size: 154.86 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406-675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Furloughable Field Technician I
LOCATION: Natural Resources Department
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, June 28th at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
The seasonal Fisheries Field Technician is a full-time specialized, seasonal position responsible for carrying out duties related to projects conducted by the Natural Resource Department's Fisheries Program. Most of the work will be in the field.
- Surveying fish populations using electroshockers, gillnets, seines, mask and snorkel, traps or other techniques as required;
- Correctly identifying fish to species, measuring and weighing fish accurately, marking fish using fin clips;
- Operating radio telemetry equipment;
- Using various types of maps and aerial photographs to navigate;
- Operating boats, motorboats, 4x4 vehicles, etc, in a safe and responsible manner;
- Accurately recording field data, entering and verifying data using a computer, performing miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned;
- Maintaining field and laboratory equipment, assigned fisheries vehicles, and office/shop space.
- Assists with angler creel survey on reservation waters.
- Assists with all aspects of the lake trout reduction efforts on Flathead Lake.
- Assists with the implementation of habitat restoration projects.
- Performs other miscellaneous assignments, as directed by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION):
- The seasonal Field Technician position is required to have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Some post-high school education in Natural sciences is desirable. The employee must have knowledge of the geographical areas of the Reservation, basic math, algebra, grammar, spelling and Biology. Possession of, or eligibility for, a valid Montana Motor Vehicle Operator's license and be insurable under the Tribe's insurance policy. Must complete CPR and basic First Aid training.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS):
- Request a position description for detailed desirable qualifications.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcript.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Tyshina Whitworth, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, at 406-675-2700 Ext. #1043.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Les Evarts, Fisheries Program Manager @ (406) 675-2700 Ext. #7240