Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Grandparent – 1 or more positions
Monday – Friday (8:00 – 4:30)
LOCATION: Early Childhood Services – St. Ignatius, MT
SALARY: $ 11.08 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug and is subject to random testing during employment.
· Provide nurturing support and encouragement to children. Be dependable by contacting the classroom teacher if late or absent.
· Spend time with individual children or with groups of children as assigned or scheduled by the classroom teacher. Join children and extend their play.
· Be a good listener and pretend in play, for example, help children imagine or pretend with the materials (toys).
· Treat children equally by giving each child your attention.
· Comply with all rules and regulations of the program.
· Respect confidentiality by not sharing information you hear about children, families and staff.
· Assist the teaching team in the planning process so you can help children with the goals that have been identified.
· Share child and family observations with the classroom teacher.
· Report and document any observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children. This can be done with assistance of classroom teacher. If you need additional information about child abuse and neglect, please ask your classroom teacher to talk to you about this.
· Communicate positively and work cooperatively with children, families and community members including consultants and other professionals.
· Greet and introduce yourself in a friendly and positive manner to all visitors and guests at the center.
· Report any concerns to the classroom teacher.
· Follow all Federal, State, Tribal and ECS rules and regulations.
· Some appropriate grandparent activities with children:
Talking (offering encouragement and support), listening, reading books, singing, playing games, participating in art, activities (allowing the child to complete their project in the way they choose), holding a child and providing emotional stability, going on a walk with the class going outside with children, assisting children in appropriate ways to interact socially with one another, encouraging appropriate behavior, setting a good example as a positive role model.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
· Must pass drug test, background check and fingerprinting, (no violence against children or individuals, no domestic violence, no sexual abuse or violent acts against children or any person) upon hire and annually thereafter: subject to random drug testing through the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes Personnel Department.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Jeanne Christopher, ECS Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 5513.