Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT FAX: 406.675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Head Start Teacher Aide (Preschool)
1 or more positions and substitute
(Ronan, Polson and fill-in substitute)
LOCATION: Early Childhood Services – St. Ignatius, MT
SALARY: $11.68 to $13.55 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy and is subject to random alcohol and drug testing. The successful applicant if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and will be required to serve a six-month probationary period.
Assists teacher(s) in carrying out goals, policies, and activities designed to implement educational objectives and performance standards.
a. Assists teacher(s) in providing daily care for preschoolers according to Montana Child Care
Regulations, Head Start Program Performance Standards, and Early Childhood Services policies
b. Assists teacher(s) in developing activities for preschoolers by contributing ideas and sharing daily
c. Assists teacher(s) in preparation of lesson plans and maintenance of classroom records.
d. Promotes healthy social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and creative development in children.
e. Promotes emerging language and literacy skills through positive and consistent interaction with
children as directed by teacher(s).
f. Assists teacher(s) in carrying out children’s individualized education plans.
Promotes, encourages, and guides a classroom environment that is educational, safe, healthy,
a. Assists in providing children with varied experiences and a safe, orderly, healthy learning
environment indoors and outdoors consistent with Head Start Program Performance Standards
and Montana Child Care Regulations.
b. Develops healthy, respectful relationships with center staff, parents and enrolled children.
c. Promotes good hygiene and health practices such as teeth brushing, hand washing, and healthy
d. Assists teacher(s) in gathering supplies, equipment, and materials as requested.
e. Assists other classroom staff with cleaning of facility and equipment (indoors and outdoors).
Functions as a contributing member of the ECS team interacting with and supporting
administrative requirements specific to the ECS Program.
a. Participates in staffings, home visits and parent conferences as requested.
b. Assists teacher(s) in completing and submitting all required documentation in a timely manner.
c. Follows Early Childhood Services confidentiality policy.
d. Maintains punctual and regular attendance
e. Accepts direction and supervision with a positive, professional attitude.
f. Communicates in a positive, tactful, timely manner with appropriate individuals about concerns
and issues needing clarification.
g. Reports any unresolved concerns or significant incidences at center level to immediate
h. Attends all required staff meetings, parent meetings, parent orientations, and training sessions.
Pursues own professional development.
i. Follows all transportation regulations.
j. Reports and documents any observed or suspected child abuse or neglect as a Mandatory
k. Complies with Tribal and Early Childhood Services policies and procedures, as well as applicable
State and Federal Regulations.
Supports the goal of fostering an ECS Program that is “customer friendly” and
encourages parent participation.
a. Greets and introduces self in a friendly and positive manner to all visitors and guests.
b. Greets parents by name; supports their presence in the classroom; and involves them in all aspects
of the Head Start Program.
Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
· 18 years of age or older with a High School Diploma or GED.
· Must have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, or be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years, or have an AA or BA/BS degree (in any area) or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree.
· Have minimum of 6 months documented experience working with pre-school children. (preferred)
· Must begin work on Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education within first year of hire.
· Preference given to current or former Head Start/Early Head Start parents. Must provide documentation.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Possess current CPR and First Aid certification or be willing to obtain certification upon hire.
· Current Physical Exam or ability to obtain Physical Exam upon hire.
· Current on required immunizations or ability to become current upon hire.
· Verification of recent TB screening or ability to complete required screen.
· Possess current Montana Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribes’ Fleet Policy.
· Possess current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or be willing to obtain upon hire.
· Must pass drug test and complete a Criminal Record Check including fingerprinting (no violence against children or any person, no domestic violence, no sexual abuse or violent acts against children or any other person) prior to employment and every 2 years thereafter.
· Subject to random drug testing through the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribe’s Personnel Department.
· Able to meet/complete requirements for primary caregiver according to Montana Child Care Center Regulations within one (1) year of employment (if required).
1. Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
3. Completed supplemental questionnaire for background investigations.
3. Proof of a valid driver’s license.
4. If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact: Jeanne Christopher, ECS Director @ 406.675.2700, ext. 5513.