Download directly from our server :
Size: 492.32 KB
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: (406) 675-2711
WEBSITE ADDRESS: csktribes.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Internal Auditor
LOCATION: Office of Administrative Services
SALARY: $24.84 to $28.92 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, November 1st, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
This position is not a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six (6) month probationary period.
This position consists of full working level management work in planning, organizing, and carrying out the activities of the Office of the Internal Auditor.
- Determines program goals and develops an internal auditing plan to include an audit schedule which will provide for coverage of all departments and programs within a reasonable time cycle or as directed by the Tribal Council. The development of the annual plan will be completed through coordination with the Tribal Council. The audit plan will be established annually and approved by the Tribal Council.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports which permit the Tribal Council to evaluate progress in terms of the established internal audit schedule. These periodic reports will include, at a minimum, quarterly progress reports to be presented to the Tribal Council.
- Within a reasonable time cycle, perform internal audit functions through the Tribal organization including Central Accounting, Contracts & Grants, and as time permits, Tribal programs and enterprises not directly under the centralized accounting system.
- Reviews the Tribal budgeting process on a quarterly basis to insure departmental compliance with annual program objectives and to report to management any discrepancies discovered.
- Establishes and conducts a comprehensive periodic audit to insure adequate internal accounting controls are in place at all times.
- Performs related work as required and as assigned by the Tribal Council.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- A bachelor's degree in accounting and at least three years of successful experience in governmental accounting and/or auditing, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of governmental and auditing principles and practices, preferably as they pertain to financial management for Indian tribes.
- Knowledge of program management principles and practices, preferably in a Tribal government structure.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating computerized information and accounting systems.
- Ability to prepare and implement a comprehensive internal auditing plan for the Tribal organization.
- Ability to perform the audit function with the tact necessary in dealing with potentially sensitive issues.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees in the Tribal organization and the public sector.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations as they pertain to Tribal organizations.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Montana driver's license.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Request a copy of position description for full details.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Copy of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of current valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If claiming veteran’s preference, a copy of DD214 must be submitted.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Personnel Office, PO Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone (406) 675-2700 Ext. 1043 or 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Tribal Council Offices @ 675-2700, Donna Durglo Ext. 1211 or Jennifer Trahan Ext. 1003.