Download directly from our server :
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES
OF THE FLATHEAD NATION
PO BOX 278
PABLO MT 59855
PERSONNEL OFFICE FAX: 406. 675.2711
CSKT Website: cskt.org
****V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T****
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Kicking Horse Job Corp – Ronan, MT
SALARY: $14.06 to $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) within the definition of the CSKT Drug Testing policy. The successful applicant, if not already employed by the Tribes must pass a pre-hire drug test and serve a mandatory six-month probationary period.
- Identifies and corrects building and equipment problems by performing carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, painting, small engine repair, appliance repair, HVAC work, and other maintenance work to maintain buildings and equipment in safe working condition.
- Performs maintenance, service and repairs on well water system, sewage lagoon system, gas and electric water heaters, circulating pumps, heat pumps, environmental controls, gas and electric heating equipment, air conditioning equipment, solar panels, commercial kitchen equipment, trash compactor, electrical and lighting equipment, door locks and hardware, appliances, commercial washer and dryers, lawn mowers, trimmers, and tractors.
- Performs grounds keeping, snow and ice removal, and solid waste disposal.
- Responds to requests for maintenance and service from building occupants to include emergencies maintenance problems, requested installations, modifications, tests, calibrations, evaluations, repairs, adjustments and other similar tasks.
- Inspects facilities, equipment, fire alarm and fire suppression equipment, emergency alarms and lighting systems, water systems, waste water system, and issued vehicles using authorized forms.
- Documents work and purchase orders bids and material list to account for materials purchased and time spent in completing work assigned by using a computer, Fax, copy machines and authorized forms.
- Orders and stocks maintenance supplies, materials, and parts to replace materials consumes and assure their availability for assigned projects, scheduled maintenance, and emergency responses by obtaining written bids, estimates, and quotes.
- Work irregular hours when needed, to perform building and equipment emergency repair.
- May supervise up to 6 students during work based learning activities.
- Incumbent will perform all duties under the guidelines of the US Department of Labor, Job Corps, Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes, and any other governing authority to ensure that health and safety standards are upheld.
- Responsible for modeling, mentoring, monitoring appropriate employability skills and social skills for Career Success Standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in the field of plumbing, electricity, carpentry, appliance repair, and masonry, water and waste systems.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Montana Class D license.
- This is a Tested Designated Position.
- Will be required to pass a background investigation per PL 101-630.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (AS DETERMINED BY THE INTERVIEW):
- Must have full knowledge of: plumbing, furnaces, boilers, circulating pumps, cooling and heating equipment, appliances, electrical wiring, well pumps and distribution systems.
- Must be able to do problem solving and trouble shooting on all equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Incumbent must be able to read and fill out reports, order supplies, and explain unusual work problems to supervisor students.
1. Completed Tribal employment application (resumes are not accepted).
2. Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION DURING THE SCREENING PROCESS
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Evelyn Charlo, Personnel Assistant, Personnel Department, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700 ext. 1029.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Daniel Tromp, Business Manager @ 675.2700, ext. 6307.